"I would like a glass of water." A deep masculine voice requests. I can hear the bar stool to the right of me being pushed back against the floor, making a short series of barely audible screeching sounds.

"Alright," Pierce answers. "Hold on Esme, I'll be right back."

"So, your name is Esme? Interesting name." The same deep voice talks to me in particular.

I turn my head to the right and find, to my surprise, that the guy sitting next to me is the same one who I danced with earlier. I look away from his grey eyes quickly, before I get trapped in them as I did before.

I flip my hair to my back before saying, "Esmeralda actually, I just prefer for most people to call me Esme." I state matter-of-factly, lifting my glass of coke to my lips for a sip.

"Is that so?" He smirks.

I gulp the soda that's in my mouth before continuing. "Yes." Why is he being all mysterious? "And you are...?"

"It's a secret."

"But that's not fair, I told you my name." I complain.

"I would've found out anyway. This guy here," he uses his hand to gesture towards Pierce, "used your name in a sentence, so technically you didn't tell me yourself," he counters.

Pierce returns with mystery man's glass of water and places it in front of him.

"Thank you," I hear him say.

"Yup." Pierce turns to me and is about to say something to continue our previous conversation when there's an influx of people who come to the bar all at once. He gives me an apologetic look.

"Go ahead, we'll continue this conversation some other time. Your duty awaits," I say, looking at the people who all seem to be shouting what they want at once.

He groans and pulls at his hair. I'm about to get out of my seat when he gently grabs my wrist. "Esme, can you..." Pierce seems to be choosing his next words very carefully, "Can you please tell Talie that her and I need to talk." I look skeptical, and he adds, "Please. She hasn't been responding to my texts in the past hour."

"We're in a club," I say. "Obviously she's not going to respond because she's not checking her phone."

"She has her read receipts turned on for her iPhone, and my phone is telling me that she's read the past five messages I sent her." He lets go of my wrist and waves his phone in front of my face.

"Oh, yeah." I briefly remember that she keeps them on, it's all a blur since we text so often. "Sure, will do," I tell him. I'm still so confused with their relationship.

"Thanks."

"Yeah," I mumble. As I begin to walk away for the second time, my wrist is grabbed again, and I swivel around. "What this time?" I ask, a little louder than I should. It is mystery guy.

"We didn't finish our conversation."

I raise my eyebrow at him. "There was never a conversation to begin with."

"Sit." He pats the seat beside him.

"No." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to."

"Come on, keep me company."

"Don't think so," I stand my ground. An idea pops into my head. "I won't sit unless you tell me your name."

"Not happening," he states simply.

I huff. "And why not?"

When he doesn't respond immediately, I mutter, "Whatever, I don't need this." Grabbing my purse off of the table and turning on my heels, I strut away in search of Talie.

I think I hear a deep laughter coming from him, but I'm not too sure. Either way, the sexy sound reverberates straight through to my heart as I walk away. I may be imagining it, but I feel as though someone is watching me.

As I push my way through the crowd, I start to lose hope each second goes by that I don't spot Talie.

"Esme!" Desiree calls me from somewhere, and before I can distinguish exactly where her voice comes from, she appears in front of me.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask. Seeing the way Talie was hurt from what went down between her and Pierce makes me slightly annoyed by her, as sweet as she may seem.

"I was going to text you, but since you're here, I'll just tell you in person. You and Talie can head back to the dorms without me, I have a ride."

I raise my eyebrow at her. "You sure?"

"Yeah, my friend is taking me to their place."

"Well if you're sure, then have fun," I tell her.

"I will, thanks. See ya!"

"Okay."

Desi disappears into the crowd and I continue to maneuver my way through everyone.

Frustrated, I finally decide to text Talie. Where the hell is she?

Me: Wya

She texts me back almost immediately. So she really was ignoring Pierce.

Natalie: Somewhere in the crowd, dancing. Hope you're havin fun!

When I still can't seem to find her, I text her again.

Me: Can't find you!

Natalie: Prob bc it's dark, and you can't recognize me in the lighting.

I groan, and my phone pings again, notifying me of a new message.

Natalie: Just find a random guy and dance. Please just try to have funnn! Meet me at the table furthest from the bar in 30 minutes!

I have an idea as to why she wants to sit at the table that's far away from the bar. I quickly tap a message back.

Me: Alright.

Bringing my index finger to the top right of my phone, I lock my phone and slip it into the smallest compartment of my purse.

"Hey baby doll, you're lookin' mighty fine tonight!"

I glance behind me to see who yelled those words, and there's a group of guys who are all looking in my direction. Are they talking to me? I look around to see who else they could be talking to.

"Red dress!" I hear one of them shout.

Oh, they are referring to me.

To avoid any further eye contact with them, I attempt to walk away as quickly as possible without making it seem like I'm running.

I glance behind me and unfortunately, they are all stumbling towards me. How many of them are there? Around five, give or take?

"Where are you going baby?" Multiple guys snicker.

I don't even know where I'm walking towards to be honest. Music pulses throughout the building loudly. People are completely oblivious to the crisis I'm going through right now.

"Come on, we just want to dance."

I shove my way through the crowd, heading towards the women's bathroom. They won't be able to get to me in there.

Almost there...

Suddenly, I'm whisked into a corner that's not visible to others. I instantly open my mouth to scream, but a dirty hand covers my mouth, muffling my cries of help.

__________________________

Mwahaha, I'm just loving all these cliffhangers (;

Thanks to all those readers who consistently read this story chapter by chapter and update after update! (Even though I only have like 5 of them hah.)

***Next update goal: 1.4K reads, 12 votes on this chapter :)