Chapter 12

"Oh, Addison!" Esme cried, hugging me tightly.
Alice joined in, and so did Emmett, Carlisle, and Jasper. Edward smiled. Rosalie stayed to the corner. I read her thoughts.

This is so unfair! She leaves us, for what? Human blood! And she's welcomed back with open arms?! If I did that, Emmett probably wouldn't even want me anymore!

"Is that really how you feel Rose?"
"You're damn right!" She spat.
"I'm sorry you feel that way. I truly am. But I, however, am trying to get help for a stupid mistake I made when I was a newborn. I'm not leaving this time."
She scoffed. "Red eyes are so not your thing." She walked on the balcony.
I looked around at all the happy faces. Especially Edward's. "Well? What are we waiting for? Let's load her up with animal blood so she gets used to it!" Emmett called.
"But! I made it fun for everyone." Alice smirked. She brought out shot glasses. "Since Addy was a party girl in her past life, first person to get full over shot glasses wins!" She handed out glasses and pint after pint of what looked like different types of animal blood.
"Wait, wait." Rosalie said.
"I think we should talk first. So that there's no complications in the future." She motioned towards the big table in the "dining" room.
We all took our seats, Carlisle at the head, me at the other.
"So what do you wanna discuss?" I asked.
"Well, is it really fair for you to come back all of a sudden when you left us your first day as a newborn?"
"Rose, I told you. I'm willing to change myself. I made a mistake under the influence of a newborn conscience."
"A big mistake that left us for months grieving without you."
I looked down. "Remember how close you two were?" Esme asked.
"Let's not forget that."
I smiled and looked at Rosalie.
"Please forgive me Rose. Please?"
She looked up, and smiled back.
"Edward made the mistake, also. Jasper was saved from those newborns. I suppose I could forgive you if you promise me a shopping trip."
I took her hand. "Definitely."
Alice looked at Edward.
"Now I think it's time to discuss a certain pair's relationship status."
I looked at Edward who was beside me. "Whatever he chooses."
"I'd rather discuss that with her in private, if that's alright."
Alice nodded. "Anyone else?"
"We are looking forward to you joining our family, Addison. I've loved you like my own daughter since you were in high school." She reached to take my hand and pecked me on the cheek. "Jasper?" Alice asked him.
"I think she needs to know the conditions of what it's like being in a stable coven." He said.
"We stay in one place 15 years at most. Which means don't make a very good friendship unless it's with one of us. I learned the hard way, unfortunately."
Alice kept her eyes closed until Jasper was finished. "Emmett?"
He grinned. "Welcome back, hun." He high five me from across the table.
Alice sat quiet.
"How'd my little brother take it? He lives with my Grandma. I heard he moved back. How are my parents?"
Alice shuddered. Edward nodded.
"It's okay. You can tell her now."
"Your parents... They passed."
"They died?"
"I'm afraid so. I'm so sorry Addy."
"And my little brother?"
"He had a devastating fate."
"And what was that?"
"He was... Changed."
"Someone turned him into one of us?"
She nodded.
"Who?"
"Unknown. We think the wolves got them, though."
The wolves.
My best friend.
"Jacob." I gasped, slash whispered.
"He doesn't know about me! I left him!"
"You'll have to tell him." Edward sighed to me.
"And my brother! He's only 13!"
"I'm sorry, Addy." Alice said.
I looked down. It seemed to be minutes before Alice spoke.
"Has there been anything interesting we should know about while you were on your journey?"
I sighed. "I went to Italy."
"To see the Volturi?" She asked.
"Yes." I gulped. "They're... Creepy."
"Yes, that they are. But why?"
"To find out all my special talents."
"Oh, Addy! We already knew your talents!" She laughed.
"No. I started doing... more. So we went to the Volturi for answers."
"What'd they say?"
"I'm something they haven't seen in centuries. I'm multi-talented. We don't know when, or what will happen, but I can use different powers. We try to keep track of what I can do. They say that's the reason I'm so strong."
"That's extraordinary!" Said Carlisle.
"What else happened?"
"I have certain... Human characteristics."
"Like?"
"Sometimes I can sleep. I can't eat human food though. It makes me gag. And... I'm still... How do I say this? Fertile, I guess?"
"You mean..." Alice said.
I nodded.
"You can have children?" She asked.
"Yes, I could if I wanted to." Edward choked and gulped while Emmett howled of laughter.
"Edward's the only one that's gonna have to use a condom!" He pounded the table and laughed even louder. I glared and kicked him with maximum force. He winced in pain.
"Great. Now I really envy you."
Rosalie teased.
"But you're still a vampire?"
"One of the strongest they've ever seen. But I can control my strength to certain levels as I please."
"This is the most unique thing I've ever heard of." Carlisle said.
"She's a mutant." Jasper awed.
"Please don't say that. You make me sound like a ninja turtle."
I groaned.
Alice smiled. "We are dismissed."

I looked at myself in the mirror in Edward's room.

"You look beautiful, don't worry."
"It's nothing, I was just... Looking."
"Didn't think you'd have a reflection?" He chuckled and sat down beside me.
"So, about talking." He said.
"I'll go with whatever you choose."
"Do you still love me as much as before? Have you lost feelings?"
He sounded a little worried. I took his face in my hands. "That would never, ever happen. I love you."
He smiled. "Good."
I kissed him. "You know what's funny?" He asked.
"What?"
"I don't have to worry about hurting you if I kiss you anymore."
I giggled.
"Carlisle got a bed." He said.
"Oh my God." I laughed.
"It's going in here." Edward said.
"Does he realize I only sleep sometimes, not all the time?"
"I think so." He laughed.