Chapter 5

- 3 Months later -

He's been ignoring me since the hospital. Until Monday...
Edward was unusually nice. Didn't he just...? What?
Let's start from the beginning:

I looked over at the usual Cullen table, again, only 4 there. Edward was here before, why absent again?
"Edward Cullen is staring at you." Said Brooke, giggling.
"He's not here." I told her.
"He is. He's sitting all alone, over there." She pointed to a table across the cafeteria. I decided to daringly look.
He was staring at me.
When I looked over, he gave a smirky smile and daringly moved his finger towards him.
"Go." Patience whispered. Brooke nodded and grabbed my arm.
"Don't forget about going to Port Angeles this weekend." She said.
I nodded and walked over to Edward's table.
"Yeah?" I asked. What else was I supposed to say?
"Come sit with me." He gestured to the empty chair across from him.
"So now I'm welcome into your social life?"
"I said to stay away. But I realized that I can't stay away from you anymore." He looked down at his hands. His pale white hands.
"Fine." I sat down, sipping my lemonade. A few minutes ticked by before he even spoke.
"Sorry." He said.
"It's okay."
As more and more minutes ticked by, I noticed that the lunch room became almost empty.
"We better go or we'll be late."
"I'm not going."
"Is that even your choice?"
"Its healthy to skip class once and a while." He shrugged.
"Well, bye. See you tomorrow."
As if this conversation couldn't get any more awkward.
As if this... I don't wanna call it a relationship, because it really isn't... thing couldn't get any more awkward than it already was.

We were doing blood samples for the local blood drive downtown.
I can't do this. I faint at the sight of blood. The teacher noticed as I put my head on my forearm.
"Are you alright Addison?" He asked. "I feel dizzy." I whined.
"Can someone take Addy to the nurse please?" He yelled.
"I will!" Exclaimed Aaron. He was still trying to take care of me.
I owe it to him. I feel so bad about telling him I couldn't go to the dance with him...but I was grounded. I couldn't. And besides, Brooke likes him anyway.
Aaron put my arm around his shoulder and put his arm around my waist, leading me to the next building where the nurse's office was located. We got outside.
"I just need a minute." I said, taking a seat on the sidewalk and letting the cold air rush through my burning cheeks. "Addy?" I heard a familiar voice say.
Oh God.
Please don't let it be him. Please.
"Is she okay?" Yep. Its him.
"I've got it." Aaron said in a low tone. Aaron didn't like Edward. At all. Only for the simple fact that I like him. The thought made me laugh. Edward ever liking me?
Edward lifted me off the ground as if I weighed 10 pounds, not 110.
"Hey! I was told to do it!"
"I think she's better with me. You can get back to class now."
Aaron stormed off, obviously pissed. Edward chuckled. "What?"
"Your little boyfriend. And the fact that you faint at blood. Priceless."
"Listen, I have detention after school, so just please make sure I don't have to go home. I feel fine."
He sighed to himself. "What'd you do this time?" He asked.
"I mouthed off Miss Regg." I said.
"You've been a trouble maker ever since you got here. Its kinda attractive, actually."
"Well, sorry I wasn't the shy girl you were all expecting." I said. When we got into the nurse's office, she came running to us.
"She said she feels fine, but I think she could use an ice pack." He said.
"I can speak for myself." I grumbled. Edward sighed. "Shut up already, you twat."
"Wow, what a friend."
"Who carried you in here?" He asked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. "Honey, you might need to go home." Said the office lady.
Edward looked her with the same captivating look he always gave women, or when he wanted something. It almost looked like he was tipping her off. "I don't think that's necessary, do you?" She shook her head and continued to tap away at her computer. He definitely has more authority here than I gave him credit for.
"Okay. Here's an ice pack. Take it easy, honey." She handed a slip of paper to Edward.
"I want you to keep an eye on her all day. Here's a pass." He smiled.
Perfect. Just freaking perfect.
We walked out of the nurse's office and he tried to grab my hand.
"Um, no. Stop." I said.
"What?" He laughed.
"Two faced conniving little adorable prick." I mumbled under my breath. "What was that?" He cuffed his hand behind his ear and laughed. "Thought so." He stuffed his hands in his pocket. I didn't want him to think he controlled me. That would be horrible.
"Try not to get detention  tomorrow. I have it again." I said.
"I'll try." He lied.
"So what do you wanna do? We should skip the last class." He said.
"Sounds great." I kicked my feet up on the bench outside, flashing my pass to pedestrians. Haha them.
"You know, you need to quit it."
Edward said, wagging his finger.
"What?" I asked. I had absolutely no clue what he was talking about.
"Being rebellious."
"Why?"
"Cause it only lures me to you." He said with a deep sigh.