When he sees the both of us, his eyes widen. I'm not sure if it's from the shock of seeing me here in a club, or if it's Talie's deep revealing neckline. Probably both.

"Wow, Esme I never expected to see you here!" Pierce greets me.

My face flushes when I realize that what I'm wearing right now is a wide contrast from what I usually wear to school.

"Hi Pierce," I mumble.

Talie's face pales when she realizes that I do know this Pierce and that he is the one I talk about.

He looks away from me to Talie. "Hey babe." He smiles.

Babe? I'm suddenly so confused.

Pierce starts to outstretch his arms towards Talie.

"Oh, you two know each other?" Talie questions, ignoring his greeting. His arms go limp and fall back to his side.

"Yeah, we both go to UCLA and Esme's in my ---"

"Who the fuck is Carmen?" she snaps, cutting him off.

Oh shit. I briefly remember mentioning to Talie the red-headed bitch from from biology that had her claws all over Pierce that first day of class.

He opens his mouth and Talie doesn't wait for him to respond. She turns her head from him and speaks to me instead. "Let's go dance Esme."

On our way to the dance floor, I can swear that I hear him yell 'Natalie' from behind us but I'm not too sure from the blasting music.

"What was that all about?" I ask, stopping in my tracks. This signals Talie to cease walking as well.

"Nothing you need to worry about."

"Yes, it is. You're my best friend." I reason.

"I'll tell you about it later. Right now, let's just dance and have fun!" She tries to be cheery, but I know my best friend. I pretend not to notice when she glances back at Pierce, but she quickly looks away and smiles at me. Her blue eyes are now twinged with a hint of sadness.

"Talie..." I beg.

"I'm fineeee, promise." She rolls her eyes at me. "Now can we dance?"

When she notices my hesitation, she adds, "I really will tell you everything later, please?"

Tonight is about having fun and letting go. We can't worry about all of the other shit we came here with, Talie is right.

"Alright, but you'll have to teach me how to dance."

Talie drags me as deep as possible into the crowd of people in the club and she starts to dance. I attempt to mimic her movements, but she still dances much better than I do, probably from experience. I try my best to sway my hips side to side, keeping the motions as fluid as possible.

A guy approaches Talie from behind and she grins widely, accepting his approach. They dance closely and intimately, their hands roaming everywhere. I can't help but notice that the guy is handsome.

To my surprise, I suddenly feel firm hands grip my waist from behind and hot breath fans my neck.

"Dance with me?" I hear a guy ask from my back.

Surprised and not used to this type of contact, my automatic reaction is to move away. I look towards Talie across from me and she has an expression that urges me on. I need to have some fun, I remind myself. Watching Talie and her dance partner encourages me, so instead of inching away from the person behind me, I mold into him.

"Yes," I breathe.

I start to move, like really move against the guy behind me. Swaying my hips to the beat, his hands slowly run from my waist down to my hips and back up again. I shiver slightly when his hands make contact with my bare back. Lifting my left hand, I hold the back of his neck as we continue to dance to the drumming beat. My open back constantly rubs against his chest. I lean backwards into him, and I can feel our heartbeats speed up rapidly as we dance the night away. I use my other hand to flip the hair that's in my face to my back, giggling as it touches my skin. Dancing, partying, and actually having fun here at this club is honestly not what I expected.

So this is what I was missing out on in high school.

I glance up at Talie and her eyes have a fire in them, she seems kind of ... angry, I think? Thankfully, the guy that she is dancing with can't see her facial expression, since her back is facing his front. I follow her gaze to surprisingly see Desiree dancing fervently with Pierce.

She doesn't see Talie and me because her and Pierce face each other as they dance. However, Pierce is facing our direction and he looks up, making eye contact with Talie that lasts at least ten seconds - I feel like I am watching the epic stare-off battle between the two of them.

Pierce places his hands over Desiree's hips and runs them slowly over her ass, but he continues to look Talie dead in the eyes. Desiree slowly dips low and bends down in front of Pierce, running her hands over his chest and arms, finally hovering them over his crotch. Talie finally looks away from the sight, is that a glint I see coming from her eyes? I think her eyes are watering, but I hope for her sake that I am imagining it.

The club is filled with sweaty bodies, me being one of them. I need to rest. As the song comes to an end, I slow my movements down. I look behind me and face my dance partner to bid him goodbye.

I can swear that at that moment exactly, my heart literally stopped beating.

__________________________

***Next Update Goal: 1.1K reads and 10 votes on this chapter (;

We are already on chapter 11! The story line will definitely be picking up from here :)

Xoxo,

Alexis <3333