Ten: Noah/ Wes

Noah

Why the hell did Greg have to stumble in last night? He always seemed to show up at the best times. Like the time he showed up to our sixteenth birthday completely wasted. Or the time he showed up to my high school graduation also wasted. Ever since we were little, we had never been close. Then he started to hang out with all the stoners at school, and he was never the same. He started blaming my parents for giving me everything I ever wanted. He also tried to beat the shit out of me whenever he started drinking. I'm not sure why he hated me so much, I never did anything to him.

I should have told Wes about Greg, that I know. I screwed up on that and didn't tell him. He probably hates me now, especially because I told him I wanted him to know everything about me. I didn't think he would like hearing about my brother. I was probably wrong though, he deserved to know everything.

Glancing over at him, I gently moved his thick hair off of his forehead. Slowly getting out of bed, I made my way into the kitchen only to stop short. Greg was leaning against the counter, looking like absolute shit. He was holding a cup of what smelled like coffee, a piece of toast next to him. I started to turn around when he said,

"Noah, wait."

Turning around, I nervously crossed my arms over my chest while keeping a good distance between us. He sighed while putting the cup down, as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "I'm sorry about last night."

"I thought you were getting help Greg. That's why mom and dad basically spent all their life savings to send you to California. We all wanted you to get help, it's not like we wanted you out of our lives."

"I know," he said while frowning. "I was doing really well in rehab, I was. But I started going through withdrawls and something inside of me snapped. I tried, I really did Noah."

Narrowing my eyes at him I said, "Did you? Because you've barely been there and yet here you are. You had a beer can in your pants! You know what happened to Uncle Jim. Do you really want to end up like him? Dead on the side of the road because you walked out into traffic? No one wants you to die. I know you basically want me to die everytime you drink, but I'd never want you to die. You're still my brother."

He sadly looked at the ground as he started biting his bottom lip. "I don't know why I get so angry towards you when I drink. I'm sorry Noah, but I know you probably won't believe me. I doubt mom and dad will ever forgive me."

"You know they'll always love you, you know how they are. I really think if you actually stick to getting help, they'll forgive you. Come after me all you want, but don't ever say the f word around Wes again."

Greg instantly flinched as he asked, "Did I call you that again?"

Looking away, I didn't respond as I heard him respond. "It doesn't matter. I've had enough people call me that, I've gotten pretty numb to it. I just thought that I could count on my own twin to not call me that."

As I started to walk away, I stopped when Greg started talking again. "Is he your boyfriend?"

Turning back around, I leaned against the wall while frowning. "He's everything I've been looking for, he's my life. But he probably hates me now because I didn't tell him about you."

"I don't hate you," a deep voice said from behind me.

Turning around, I watched as Wes was staring at me from the end of the hallway. As I started walking towards him I heard Greg whisper, "I'm sorry again."