Chapter 31

"Come on Lovey" Maks calls up the stairs.

"Where are we going Daddy?" Kamri asks coming down the stairs.

"Me and you are going to get Uncle Val and Aunt Jenna from the airport. We are going to pick them up at their gate."

"Oh right!"

"Isn't Mommy coming?"

"No, she is staying home. It's hard for her to sit in the car right now. Your littlest sister makes it uncomfortable for her so she is going to stay here."

"Is Rylan coming?"

"No. She is napping and Mommy thinks she'll wake up if we move her."

"Oh, ok. Do you think they had fun?"

"I bet they did."

"Are we going to go on vacation this summer?"

"Hopefully. Your sisters will be old enough by then. Where should we go?"

"To Grammy and Poppy's again."

"That's not what I thought you were going to say. Mommy would love that."

"Maybe we could go to Babushka and Dedushka's too."

"That's a lot of traveling."

"But I don't want Babushka to be sad if we don't come see them."

"Maybe they'll come to us. Would that be ok?"

"Maybe."

"Lovey, are you ready to have another sister come?"

"I think so."

"You know she's going to need a lot of Mommy and my attention. So will Rylan."

"I'll be big. Don't worry Daddy."

"Don't be too big Lovey. You're still my little girl."

"I'm 5 Daddy. I'm a big girl."

"I know you are. I'd really like it if you'd stop growing now."

"But I want to grow up and dance like you and Uncle Val and Aunt Jenna."

"I guess you can grow up then."

The rest of the ride to the airport is the two of them rocking out to the songs on the radio. They get to the airport faster than expected so they parking in the waiting lot. When Val texts them saying what gate they are at, Maks drives to their gate. He pulls over when he spots them and parks while Jenna and Val rush to get in. Val puts the luggage in the back while Jenna climbs into the car next to Kamri. They had taken Maks' smaller car. Val climbs into the passenger seat before Maks pulls away.

"Did you have fun Aunt Jenna?"

"We did! We have presents for you and your sisters. Olivianna hasn't come yet right?"

"No. I prayed every night."

"Good girl. Where is Meryl?"

"Home with Rylan who was napping. Plus, Meryl gets really uncomfortable in the car."

"I can imagine. Lord, now that we are home, Olivianna can come at any time."

~

When they get back to their street, Jenna and Val drop their things off at their house. Val had wanted to stay home but Jenna insisted they go and see Meryl. Val only agreed when Jenna said they wouldn't stay all day. It's not that he doesn't want to spend time with his family. He really just wants to have some time at their new home as husband and wife. When they get into the house, Meryl is relaxed back on the couch watching the TV. Rylan must be sleeping because they don't see her.