Eurydice and Orpheus; The Untold Story

• Dedicated to Nickyboo!

"We are the crucified, we are the virtuous, we are the damned! We are the crucified, this is our nightmare, let's pray we never fall asleep. Imprisoned beneath the world, where the soulless dwell, lies a place that the damned call home, a place where the virtuous hide in fear, a place we see only in our nightmares... A place where the sun is silent."

-And Now, For the Final Illusion by Alesana

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The warm humid air swirled around me, crisp leaves crunched underneath of my feet as I sauntered through, on my way to His house. Suddenly, "Early Mourning by Alesana" began to belt from the earbuds nestled into my ears. I felt myself become immersed in the daunting, twisted, "tragic" tale. My dry lips mouthed the lyrics to the haunting, lovesick melody, expressing the sorrow of Eurydice and Orpheus. My heart grew freezing cold and empty. Then, I fell, with a sickening thud.

                                                                     *~*~*~*

Slowly, I regained consciousness; sweat began conspiring on my brow as my eyes snapped open. I held a bitter taste in my mouth, the taste of dead, broken, hopes and dreams, lost forever, felt heavy on my tongue. Moans of the dead began ringing in my ears, I pressed my palms against my ears, praying that this torture would cease, little did I know that this would only be the start of it.

I had awoken by the River Styx, the maw of Hades, the tongue that draws us in, only to soon be gobbled and crushed by the Wrath of Hades. Charon sailed to the shore, flooded with lost souls, seeking peace. His hollow eyes met mine as his long, thin, bony finger beckoned me over, onto the boat. We sailed, as hands of the hopeless souls clung to me, desperately wishing to get across, away from the searing waters, their souls forever condemned. 

I felt myself being ushered to the Asphodel Meadows, a sickening Puragutory. Oh what cruel fate! My haunted soul to roam for the rest of eternity! I cried! My heart began to ache, for Him. I can hear His lyre faintly, beautifully, tragic, music; spilling from his fingertips. I'm already beginning to hallucinate, and to think, I must wait for him, until the day that the Fates cut his thread, and we will tragically be reunited.

But I hear a whisper, a soft feminine whisper in my ear. "This is your most gracious master, Persephone. He's coming for you. Your knight in shining armour is coming... I can sense it, I can HEAR IT." Dread engulfs my ever wandering heart as I realize, he's dead! My heart is torn, both in gale mirth, and in sorrow. I don't know what to do, so I weep. It seems I sat there in the tall sea of grass for eons, sobbing for the death of Him. 

"You fool," The mistress, Persephone hisses in my ear. "follow him, back up to the land of the living, but not a sound." She demands fiercely, I can hear the grit and menace in her voice. 

I hear his sweet lyre and begin to glide in His direction, laughing and smiling like a school girl, overwhelmed with joy. His figure becomes present in my vision, and immediately I silence myself. "If he doubts, then you shall not be set free." She whispers in my ear, I shudder at her voice, wishing to be rid of it. 

I trail behind him, unable to contain myself at the thought of one day being able to dance around in the sun with my Beloved, and growing old with him, in the land of the living. I can start to see the rays of sunshine! I can begin to breathe air again! I'm nearly there! My limbs grow heavier and it's a more arduous task to carry myself. My heart swells with relief, this is too good to be true!

My eyes bulge as he slowly begins to turn. His eyes lock with my for only a brief moment. But I can feel his heart break with mine. I gulp my last breath of the living and glimpse my last rays of sunshine. My heart turns to lead as a powerful force overcomes me. I stuggle and scream, attempting to follow Him, but it overpowers me and I'm dragged back into the pit of Hade. My soul forever lost...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a short little story I whipped up for English class and I liked it so I decided to share it with my fans! This is based on "The Tragedy of Eurydice and Orpheus", a greek myth [If you don't know it, I'd advise you to check it out!] and "Early Mourning by Alesana" Which is an AMAZING song and the link is on the side, so check it out! <3 Vote and Comment! I hope everyone liked it<3 Also, check out my story "If Music be the Food of Love, Play On" Thanks! :D