Chapter 11

The next day, I left the city in the late morning and went to Nashville, landing at 11 am. I went straight to my producer Nathan’s house. We made a majority of my first three albums in his basement, as well as a lot of demos. I was starting to get ideas for the fifth album and I needed to let him hear them and start to get some acoustic demos figured out. 

My driver brought me home so I could get my car and then I went over to Nathan’s. I arrived and got out my guitar and notebook and phone. I played him some of what I had and we decided to conquer his favorite idea, which happened to be my favorite as well. Like Ed writing a lot about me, I was writing a lot about him. This song was one that I started months ago and finished the night he left. We played around and I went into the smaller room to record it. I liked what I had and I looked at the time, it was late afternoon. I thanked him and said goodbye to him and his family that was upstairs then headed to my parents house for dinner. I was hoping and assuming that they would be home, and that dinner would be ready soon. I pulled into the driveway and  the lights were on and cars were in the driveway. I missed my family and I was really glad I’d get to see them. 

I snuck to the back around the house and knocked on the kitchen window. My dad was sitting at the island chopping veggies and my mom was at the stove. They both jumped and turned to see my waving. I opened the door and hugged them. I started helping my mom cook, and asked them how they have been.

"Good, Tay, I think we’re gonna go visit family next week, maybe go see Austin at school. Travel a little."

"That’d be good for y’all." I laughed.

"Yeah, your aunt isn’t doing too good right now, so I’d like to go up and see her."

"Give her my best."

"I will sweetheart, how have you been?"

"Pretty good. Photo shoot yesterday was fun but recording today felt amazing."

"Album 5?"

"Yeah, I’m starting to just think about it and not be able to stop thinking about it. I have a lot of ideas and I just want to get them started to be sorted out."

"Got anything to share?" My dad asked.

"I do, but not yet. There’s someone I need to play it for first."

"Oh, Ed?" They both looked at me now.

"Yeah. It’s for him, really." I smiled, thinking of him. I have barely spoken to him at today and realized it was getting late there. Just a few messages back and forth.

"How is that going?" My mom asked as she started putting the stir fry on plates for us.

"It’s going pretty great. I really do think that this could be it." They looked at each other.

"We love you Taylor, and we love Ed, but we just want you to be careful."

"I will Mom, I always am."

I left their house shortly after dinner and headed home. I unlocked my door and was greeted by Meredith. I checked my phone and there was a message from Ed asking if we could Skype from twenty minutes ago. I turned on my fireplace, poured a glass of wine, and then opened Mac. I logged in and requested to start the chat. “Heyyyyy,” I said as I his face filled my screen.

"Hello there, love. How was your day?" He asked. He looked tired. He was in bed, I could see his guitar close by and a beer.

"It was great! I spent most of my day at the studio and I think I may have the first cut for the album. Then I saw my parents and now I’m home."