Elena and Corrie chatted along during the drive while I preferred to stay quiet, lost in my own thoughts. I didn’t really know where we were supposed to be meeting Sharon, I guess that’s why we were being driven to our destination. As the limo came to a stop it was no use looking out the window to figure out where we were since the windows had black out tints. When the driver opened the door my eyebrows furrowed for the second time that morning. We were at the airport on the private strip.

“Why are we at the airport?” I asked looking over shoulders at the girls. 

“Oh, right, I forgot to tell you that we’re flying to New York.” Corrie said with a shrug like it was an everyday thing to just fly off to New York.

“Why are we flying to New York?” I asked stepping out 

“Sharon know’s some designers there that you will talking to this weekend.” Elena replied

“Why would I need to talk to designers?” I questioned “We’re supposed to be looking for wedding dresses.”

“Sharon thought you like to have a one of a kind dress that was made for you instead of buying one from a boutique.” she replied 

“Oh,” was my brilliant come back. 

The thought of designing my own wedding dress was rather appealing. I had always wanted to design (or co-design) my own wedding dress. As we walked up the steps for the jet I remembered that I had no baggage with me. If we were going to be in New York for the weekend I would need clothes. I didn’t even have my wallet with my credit cards with me to buy clothes.

“Um, small problem,” I said turning around to look down at the girls before stepping into the plane. “We have no clothes.”

“Actually we do,” Corrie said

“Yup, since we all have clothes at each others houses Corrie and I packed some things for you.” Elena said

“Don’t worry I have your wallet in my purse if you need it.” Corrie added

“When did...”

“Will you just get a move on,” Corrie urged nudging me into the plane.

“If I didn’t know any better I’d think you’re the one getting married.” I grumbled continuing into the plane and to my seat. 

“Well, since I don’t plan on ever getting married I’ve decided to go all out since you are. I’ll take over the whole bridezilla roll for you.” she grinned

“And I’ll be the one to make sure everything goes just the way you want.” Elena added with a grin of her own.

I laughed and shook my head at them. I don’t know how many time’s I’ve thought or said this but, they really were the best friends a girl could ask for. I settled myself into the comforts of the leather seat and stared out the window. Whether I found a dress or a designer today was fine with me. I still had about a month left before I got married and that was more than enough time to get a dress. Well it was enough time for me. 

The reality of my thoughts crashed down on me. It was already the beginning of January and my birthday was just around the corner. Sharon and I hadn’t really thought about dates for the wedding. She figured it would be something I’d like to talk to Xavier about. But, according to the legal documents my mother had I only until a week after my 18th birthday to get married. My birthday was on the second of February so by this time next month I would no longer be Mallory Blake. I would be Mrs. Mallory Chase, wife of The Billionaire Heart Breaker Xavier Chase. Holy shit!