𝐢𝐯. SNAKES AND MINISTERS

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

  NYX KNEW THAT SHE HAD to familiarize herself with the manor and its surrounding area if she wanted it to start feeling like home. She was very appreciative of everything that had happened to her so far, she knew she was lucky. But, there was an unsettling atmosphere in Malfoy Manor that left her feeling uneasy. It was completely different from Little Akers and she couldn't be sure if that was a good thing or a very bad thing. Sure, the manor looked like a castle and Nyx had been completely starstruck at first... but with its sheer size came an overwhelming feeling of emptiness that she had never experienced before. Either way, there was still an air of mystery to the place, many things left to explore and Nyx was gearing to do just that. 

She woke up extremely early that morning, about ten minutes before sunrise. Before she did anything she stood out on her balcony to watch it come up. Sunrises were such a spectacle to behold and just because she wasn't at Little Akers anymore didn't mean her love for sunrises was going to disappear. 

Once the sun was up Nyx was getting ready for the day. Which included showers, brushing her teeth and getting changed into her lovely pair of long blue jean overalls, with a t-shirt underneath, boots and a jacket in case it got a bit chilly. 

When Nyx walked out of her room and made her way through the corridor of the manor, she couldn't help but feel she was being watched. She was trying to see if there was another way out of the manor, other than using the front entrance; doing so led her down a dimly lit area of the manor that looked like it hadn't seen visitors in years, from the floor to the ceiling the walls were covered with paintings. She looked at the inscriptions on the frames, most if not all had the surname Malfoy. Nyx could only assume that these were ancestors of the Malfoys she was presently living with. 

She stared at some of the portraits long and hard, moving from side to side and narrowing her eyes suspiciously. Why did it seem as though the eyes were following her? 

"What are you doing?" a shrewd voice echoed through the otherwise empty corridor. 

Nyx jumped, surprised at the sudden voice, and turned to see Draco standing at the end of the corridor. He was still in his pyjamas, his hair messy as if he'd just woken up. His face glowering suspiciously with his arms crossed over his chest. 

They were pretty far from the bedrooms, had he been following her all this time? 

"I was just looking around," Nyx answered honestly. She then pointed at the portrait she was staring at. "It's so weird. It's almost like they're looking back at me—" 

"Mind your manners, girl, it's rude to point!" The man in the painting scolded. 

Nyx let out a shocked scream, as she backed away quickly, her eyes were wide. 

"T-the painting just talked!" 

"Of course, it talked, they all do." Draco was looking at her as if she was the strange one. "Did you already forget about magic?"