After all that he had put her through, even disturbing her sleep was a sin to him.

And so he had thought. Thought like his life depended on it and he could deduce only one thing.

Sheetal was most certainly playing a game.

His life and past experiences had taught him in the hard way that we must never take things at face value so easily, and he had multiple theories in the form of Shyam, his former thoughts about Khushi, et cetera, et cetera, to validate this.

Back in Harvard, his relationship with Sheetal had never crossed such a line wherein she would become pregnant.

Heck, even the thought of it made him sick in the stomach.

But then the DNA report?

Wasn't it too weird that Khushi had torn it into pieces yet it magically pops up out of nowhere, and lies on the floor of their bedroom?

Because nothing in the world could change his stringent assurance that he and Sheetal never had anything even remotely close to a physical relationship. So, he was 200 percent sure that he had nothing to do with Aarav biologically.

But then again the DNA report?

.

What if it was deliberately done, for Khushi to see it?

He fisted his fingers as he closed his eyes and chronologically settled everything in a consequential manner as they happened, in his head.

The coat swap.

Aarav's kidnapping attempt.

Khushi saving him.

Sheetal stepping in.

Sheetal coming into AR.

Aarav been diagnosed with Diabetes.

Aarav's uncanny resemblance with him, as if he was a clone.

Heck, even identical twins don't behave this similarly, then how can Aarav-

.. Unless of course, he has been trained to do so.'

.

.

And his eyes opened wide. The shock, the realization, the anger adorning his countenance.

And he knew now, he was not going to make the mistake he had made in the past.

If he was a bragger, he will brag about real stuff, make use of his power the right way, and unmask the masked, which he had failed to do when he was dealing with Shyam!

He was ASR.

And if someone was trying to mess with the peace of his life, his love, he would definitely give them HELL!

And with that thought, he asked Aman to send in the best detective in town to his cabin in half an hour.

Poor Aman had to be at the receiving end of ASR barking some hurried orders, but well, if the end result was going to be worthwhile, then why not?

...

..

.

Khushi was smiling wide after a long time.

After everything that had conspired in the last few days, the unexpected meet with Shea came as a welcome surprise, the one that showed her a new way of life, a new ray of hope.