CHAPTER 3

Take what's left of my heart,

I would still be willing to give it all.

Regardless of the mayhem I face

I will still try to stand tall.

Showing you the mirror was necessary,

For how else could I tell you what I feel?

Perhaps now you know very well,

How to your every demand, you made me kneel.

And now that it is done O dear,

I will spread my wings.

Life is nothing but a game I reckon

And everybody must have a chance at new innings.

.

Arnav was still not able to understand what could he possibly do to make Khushi understand that she mattered to him more than anything else in the world.

After that discussion they had had in the room once that infamous basketball was over, he was unable to face his own self, as every time he even tried doing so, the bitter reality would hit him like a thunderbolt.

The reality that corroborated every word, every question, every unintended accusation, that Khushi had quite rightly thrown at him; and that fact made him clouded with immense guilt.

He had to rush to the office immediately after that scene to see to some important issues and also be a part of some important meetings, but only he knew how he managed to survive that unnecessarily long day, his mind all the while lost in the thought of Khushi.

While the day in office was in no way fancying him, there was this one little aspect that had even though minutely, but raised a hope in his head.

.

AR was all set to launch a brand new Indian Wear collection, focusing mainly on bridal wear and ethnic merchandise for Indian traditional events.

He had a small smile on his face as he put two and two together and decided that this would possibly be the best token of affection from him to Khushi as she was someone who loved Indian attire and was pretty good with customizing the same.

Yes, she had no idea about the fashion world but then she had nothing to fear when her husband was rightly known as the ace of this industry and he was always going to help her with anything and everything in this process.

Yes, he would make her the head of this coming gala, and that would be his chance at making things better, as he so desperately wanted her to become like she fundamentally was, his beloved, mad, cute, exceptionally amazing Khushi.

He had to apologize to her, and this was going to be a good way to start with it.

Contemplating on everything, he got the formal papers of making Khushi the official in-charge of the coming event ready before he left for Shanti Van.

..

.

It was 9.00 p.m. when he reached home.

As he entered through the main door of the living room giving his laptop bag to HP, his eyes frantically searched for that one person who had occupied his mind thoroughly since the last so many hours.