CHAPTER 6

The thrills of speed when one drives the bike at its maximum speed limit.

The chills one feels as they violently hit the accelerator and rashly compete in a deadly car-race set across the steepy roads at sundown.

The inexplicable rush of nervousness one feels in their veins as they jump from the aircraft having the time of their life during skydiving.

The profound satisfaction one gets at being able to feel like the master of the universe, having riches, success, achievements, and love delivered to them as a default gift from nature and inheritance.

At the age of merely 19, Arnav Singh Raizada had seen and felt it all.

The feels.

The blessings.

The success.

And the adrenaline rushes.

But there was no adrenaline rush that could define the intensity, the gravity of what he felt, when he had felt that precious woman of his life tumble down the stairs in front of his own eyes.

He saw red.

He saw terror.

He saw futility.

.

.

He had been frozen from inside, but his body remained indefinably agile, as he had rushed her to the hospital, driving the car at an inhuman speed, violating all the traffic rules. He hadn't paid two hoots about many things in life, and right at that moment, he possibly couldn't think about his own.

He had felt his heart pound loudly against his chest as his subconscious mind kept counting the minutes and chanted, "Please let her be okay."

.

.

Seeing her unresponsive, lifeless, and hurt.

That was something he had never ever given a thought ever since he had known her. And now that he witnessed it with his own eyes, he felt his world crumbling.

.

.

The doctors had said that she was lucky, since she only suffered a hairline fracture in her leg. Her head wound was fortunately not as deep as the incessant bleeding portrayed it to be.

But despite the convincing words of the doctor, and the very fact that she wasokay, his Khushi was okay, Arnav couldn't brush off what he was feeling from the core of his heart.

If something ever, ever happens to her, he simply can't be.

He knew that he needed no validation EVER that what he felt for Khushi was more than attraction, more than caring, and more than passion.

But today he had realized in the simplest and crudest way that he was irrevocablyand immensely in love with her. That she was the only one under the whole wide horizon who could test his extremes, who could drive him insane, and at the same time, who could make him the happiest.

.

.

"Arnav.. I am okay. Sachii(truly)!"

He heard her say for the umpteenth time as he only looked at her with a stoned expression, his mind somewhere still stuck in the frenzy of whatever ruckus happened an hour ago.

.

He knew she was okay, but not completely. The little band-aid on her forehead, and plaster on her ankle were enough to still make him sulk.