Chapter 62: Avengers Assemble

"How did you get out?" Jessica asked. After leaving the station, I went straight to Jessica's home to find her and Trish brainstorming about Kilgrave.

"Not important," I immediately dismissed. "How do we catch that bastard?"

"Kilgrave never goes completely off the grid," Jess informed me. "Even when I didn't want to know where he was, I could always find him."

"He's taken Bucky, he's gonna make himself so much harder to find," I said.

"But why did he take Bucky in the first place?" Trish wondered.

"To piss me off for betraying him?" I guessed. Who knew why Kilgrave did the things that he did?

"We need to figure out what his next move is," Jess said under her breath.

As she spoke, my phone rang. Bucky's name lit up my screen. I grabbed the phone and put it on speaker.

"Bucky? Are you OK? Where are you?" I asked.

"He's fine... for now," Kilgrave said.

"Where are you?" I asked again, anger my most prevalent emotion.

"I'm in Siberia," he said. Jess looked at me with a confused expression on her face. "Once I found out the location of the other Soldiers, waking them up was easy."

I remembered what Bucky told me about the other Winter Soldiers, mainly that they could take a country down and no one would see them coming.

"Why would you wake up the other Soldiers?" I asked.

"To distract you," he said nonchalantly. "You and your group of heroes can't stand innocent blood being spilled."

"You released the soldiers so that we won't look for you?" I asked. "You'd risk innocent lives to stop us from catching you?"

"In a heartbeat," he replied.

"Where are they? The other Soldiers?" I asked. "Where did you send them?"

"Each of them are in a different place. London, Germany, Romania, here in Siberia, and New York, where you are right now."

"How do we stop them?" I asked.

"You can't. I told them to fight to kill. None of you will make it out alive," he said, quickly hanging up. In a fit of anger, Jessica grabbed my phone and threw it across the room.

"We have to go to Siberia," she said.

"Hell no!" I grabbed her. "We need to stop the Winter Soldiers! If he told them to kill, no one is safe. I can't be responsible for that."

"The mission is Kilgrave," she argued. "He was always my mission. I'm not a hero, it's not in my nature."

"How would we stop them anyway?" Trish asked. "There's only three of us. Even if you get your other three friends, we can't be in 5 places at once and find Kilgrave."

I thought for a moment. "Then I guess we're gonna need some help," I said.

***

"Thanks for coming, everyone," I said. We were all crammed into Hank Pym's living room. We'd all called everyone that we could think of and had managed to assemble a group of superheroes. "We need your help."

"What's going on?" Wanda asked.

"Is this about what happened to Bucky?" Nat asked.

"No. Kind of," I said. "5 highly trained Winter Soldiers have been released into the world, and we need to stop them before they take innocent lives."