Sterile Walls Putrid Floors

"So, I was just goin' inside ya know and then I was like who's the guy looking like a ghost? So when I came up you whispered to the pavement something like "I feel sick." and then you vomited, lost your footing, fell and blacked out. Lucky I was there to catch you because jeez, if you hit your head on the concrete you'd probably be in a hospital right now."

I decided I liked this girl, she seems to give off an instant 'known you forever vibe', wait! I don't even know her name yet! "Um, sorry I didn't pick up your name earlier." I sheepishly scratch the back of my head. At least I'm not stuttering so much. "Heh, sorry about that. Nice to officially meet you! I'm Finley!" She extended a pale, slightly olive tinged hand expecting mine in exchange, "H-hello I'm Wirt."

Ten loud chimes made me flinch, almost falling out of the bed that Finley decided to sit on a while ago, this however caused me to half hang out of the side a bit. Feeling my face contract as the realisation hit me, "I'm an hour late to school!" I was starting to hyperventilate now.
"How will I explain to my parents I'm a failure who cant even walk to school correctly! I can't jus-"

"Stop it you're sick, don't work yourself up." Finley was staring dead serious and was bringing me to reality. "Yeah. Okay, I'll calm down...sorry." A sudden flush of pain made me retract in the blankets, too weak to converse.

-Finley's Side-

The truth I'm just as scared as him, I don't know where the nearest hospital was and no trace from my parents, but I only needed them to help him right now. Because his temperature keeps rising and I don't know what to do but I can't tell him this. He's stressed enough already.

"Hey, I'm gunna go check on Michael and see where my parents are right now, 'kay?"
An approving groan came from him, signifying an approval.
"Michael! Get the car, we need to go now, it's getting worse, he's been crying for about twenty minutes."

"Why didn't you get me then?"

"I didn't want to give him a panic attack while he's sick."
Michael seemed lost in the thought for a sec, then nodded.
"Grab him, lets go."

I ran back into the room and scooped the boy from the bed, when he rested his head on my shoulder I could hear his quiet sniffles in between tears. As I placed him in the van, he went limp. He must be going through hell, been there, done that.
"Finley! I found the keys, use your phone to get directions!" He slammed the door and attempted to ignite the engine, once, twice and success.
"And a-waay we go!"
Michael teased.

"Wubbalubbadubdub."

I retorted, we did that alot, if one of us quotes something we have to pick it up and respond with a quote of the same series, me and Michael both loved Rick & Morty, much to our mothers distaste.

Turn left onto Washington lane,

In 1.5kms turn right,

"Hey Finley, hows..."
"-unconscious."

In 0.5kms turn left,

You have reached your destin-
Before the car fully stopped I had grabbed the boy and started walking into the hospital, Michael in tow.

"Hello! Welcome to Aberdale hospital, check up or appointment?"
The receptionist chirped her repetitive dialogue in the same comforting tone. "Uhh, I don't have a scheduled appointment, he's unconscious and overheating, I don't know whats wrong with him!"

"Okay, parental signature please."
"Argh! Michael you take over!"
So whilst Michael and the receptionist volley protocol, the boy had some control again. Thank god, it's a little freaky when he's out. "Hey, Fin." He groans.
"That's one bad fever, ay?"
A small giggle from his side. "Just don't give it to me, 'kay?"
"You s-sure say 'kay alot."
"And you have an awful stutter."

Michael comes back, forlorn "Appointment's in 3 hours, but when i asked around, people said that can mean from four to eight around here."

The young teen started to crane his neck around and then proceeded to freak out.
"W-what- where are we?"
He noticed how I was carrying him, and started blushing.
"Uh, I mean... S-sorry, my name's Wirt."

We were ushered into the waiting room, full of people who's expressions varied from 'pain' to
'i just want to go home already' or, sometimes a mix of both.
After about ten minutes or so some lady in a a hospital bed was wheeled through the doors a at an extremely urgent speed, but other than that it was so boring I fell asleep at one point. Pah, I hate hospitals.

Michael got bored and left for snacks and magazines after about two hours, I obliged because a few minutes before he decided it was a good idea to say out loud scenarios of me and Wirt getting married. Much to my embarrassment and since he woke up for the second half, Wirt's too. At this point we settled in the position of Wirt's head on my lap as he was pretty drowsy, which is probably where most of the 'Wirt x Finley' came from.

After snuggling with a Nintendo magazine it's propaganda started to rub off on me, man now I really want Splatoon 2. After going through all the magazines and candy, (Although Michael hogged the Oreos)

On hour three and a half the receptionist called Wirt's name
'Walter Persimmons' not even kidding, which caused profound blushing from him when called.

"Wirt, can you stand?"
Michael was genuinely concerned for this stranger.
"Y-yes?" Which was quickly followed by Wirt leaning into a bin emptying his gut after the length of a hallway.
I knew I had to pick him up again, because Michael won't if he smells like vomit.
"C'mon Wirt."
He was quite shocked at me carting him around, well, too bad.