One.

Christmas Party

-The LeBlanc Household-

Annie's POV
Every year, our small little clique would take turns hosting a Christmas Party. We'd all bring presents over for each other. It's almost been like tradition in our neighbourhood.

This year, it was our turn.

We've never hosted one before. Last year it was at Katie's and the year before it was Liv's. So this would be our first time.

Mommy has been so worried these past few days that it wouldn't live up to 'expectations'.

She wanted everything to be flawless, which resulted in some backlash between a few of us.

But in the end, we managed to scrape through and did the best we could.

Just as we were putting the final few touches for tonight, I heard a car pulling up our driveway.

There were still a couple of hours to go before the party starts. We didn't expect anyone to arrive this soon, not me at least.

"Wow they're early" Caleb exclaims from the countertop, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't even have a clue who 'they' are.

Nevertheless, he started walking up to the front door to try and peek outside.

"Who is it Caleb?" mommy curiously asks.

"Erm, it kinda looks like Syd's car" he answers, but not with much confidence.

"Well don't be rude. Open the door!" mommy aggressively insists.

"Geez, chill out" Caleb rolls his eyes and proceeds to open the door.

Sure enough, it was his girl-- I mean friend Sydney's parents. Surprisingly, there were no signs of Sydney and Luke.

"Come on in guys!" mommy invites them as they quickly settle in. They've come over way too many times that I'm sure they'd call this their second home.

"The kids are at the car somewhere" Mrs. Paula states.

"Why don't you give Luke a hand outside, Caleb" mommy instructed, but this time Caleb didn't had a tantrum cause it meant that he could hangout with Luke outside.

Sydney must be out there too.

Caleb's POV
"Aye whats happening dude" I say immediately as I saw Luke, sitting right on top of the car trunk.

"Nothing much man" he responds, not with much enthusiasm.

I have to admit, he didn't look like himself today.

"Are you okay dude?" I ask, slightly concerned about his attitude.

I took a seat right next to him while waiting for his answer.

He looked at me for quite awhile, and sighs.

Just as he was gonna say something--BAHHH

"What the heck!" I screamed, jumping off the trunk.

Someone scared me from behind. I turned my head around to see Sydney, literally 'rofl-ing'.

"Yeah yeah, real funny Syd" I try to play it off, but she was still laughing her ass off.

Even Luke couldn't help but burst out laughing on the trunk.

I just shook my head at the sight of them laughing at me.

"Okay okay, you got me" I admitted, hoping they would stop laughing.

And sure enough, they started to catch some breath.

"You should've seen your face!" she points out, holding in her laughter.

I just sarcastically smirked at her, while Luke was still giggling at the side.

"Aww don't be sad Caleb. You're lucky there were no cameras around" she giggles.

I've never liked surprises. Usually I would be pretty mad when someone does this, but this was an exception.

Watching her smile this much definitely weighs out my hate for surprises.

"I'm gonna go hang with Annie" she excuses herself, which I hate to admit, kinda made me sad.

But that doesn't compare to the look on Luke's face though.

His smile instantly fades away right as Sydney said that.

"So Luke. You still haven't answered my question" I reminded him, sitting back right next to him.

It was surprisingly difficult to make him speak.

"Did you break up with your girl or something?" I chuckle, although I knew he doesn't have one.

"I wish man" he chuckles along with me.

"Then?"

Luke's POV
God I wish I could just say it, but it's not that easy.

I've been holding down these feelings for far too long. And I don't think I can hold it in any longer.

"You really wanna know what's bothering me Caleb?" I slowly began.

He just nods his head.

"Well.."

"I'm in lo-- ts of trouble" I changed my mind at the last second.

"I haven't gotten the right technique down for baseball tomorrow. I'm scared that I'd be a burden to the team" I made up some lie.

And luckily enough, he believes it.

"Ohh, why didn't you say that from the start man? I can show you how it's done" he says, jumping off the trunk.

"Nah you know what dude, tonight I wanna stay baseball-free. I don't wanna get my mind filled with toxicity"

"Tonight, I just wanna have a good time" I ended, getting off the trunk and started walking inside.

"Well if that's what you wanna do then LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!"

----------

A/N
Excuse me for being a bit rusty xx
Next chapter is where it'll get more interesting, with Brennan and Katie coming over!