Chapter 14

Alvin tightly gripped his "leg" as the lights came on a second time

Alvin tightly gripped his "leg" as the lights came on a second time. Since he had been in the dark for what seemed like forever, he had to squint to keep himself from going blind. When his eyes finally adjusted, Alvin could only see the silhouette of someone.

Grunting, Alvin managed to pick up his head, his vision going a bit blurry.

"Good morning, sunshine."

Alvin knew that voice. He could recognize it even if he wasn't even looking at the person.

Alvin growled softly, half from his realization, and half from the pain of his leg that had started making him cringe.

"Why... why..."

"Why what?"

Alvin couldn't see, but he knew that the person had to be smirking.

"Why... why did you... c-cut my leg... off?"

"Because... I needed it for a trap, and guess what... you are my bait."

"I... will never... do anything... for you..."

"Yeah... I think you'll be changing your mind pretty soon."

Shaking his head, Alvin now was finding it hard to speak, the pain in his prosthetic leg making him become tongue-tied. After what seemed like forever, Alvin forced himself to speak.

"No... I... won't."

Hearing the sound of a click, Alvin's eyes squinted, piercing with tears as he was forced to look at the person that was now tightly gripping his chest, which was causing him even more pain.

"Yes... you will... or I will kill your ex husband... and your kids... so... are you in, or not?"

With tears now streaming down his eyes, Alvin opened his mouth and spoke...