Chapter 94

The first thoughts that trickled into Kurapica's consciousness were that it was awfully warm, that he felt content and that he had slept very deeply. He shifted, stretched lightly, and felt an arm wrap around the front of his waist before pulling him back against something warm and solid. Kuroro.

There was a soft chuckle at the nape of his neck, the breath of air making Kurapica's hair shift against his sensitive skin, tickling the shell of his ear.

"Good morning," the Spider Head purred, voice rumbling like that of a satisfied cat.

"Good morning," Kurapica replied, his speech somewhat slurred and heavy with sleep.

He nuzzled his pillow and was about to go back to sleep, when Kuroro pulled him back against his front again. It was warm and comfortable and the blond found that, somehow, he didn't mind this so much anymore. He relaxed into the embrace, burying himself deeper in the warmth.

Suddenly, he froze. There was something unmistakable pressed against his backside.

"We just did it last night," he grumbled without heat.

"Are you complaining?" Kuroro asked softly.

"Maybe," Kurapica said noncommittally.

Kuroro's hand slid low on Kurapica's stomach but stopped short of actually touching him.

"Are you half hard?"

"Not yet," Kurapica answered truthfully. "Won't take long if you keep doing that."

"What?" The older man's voice was teasing. "This?"

He pulled Kurapica closer with the hand at the front of his waist and pressed his hips forward against the blond's backside. Kurapica sucked in a sharp breath.

"You're in a good mood," Kurapica commented, his voice somewhat breathy and approving.

"Why shouldn't I be?" Kuroro asked in response. "We're alone and have actual privacy for the first time in over a week and I've got you in my arms, with all the time in the world."

"We were alone in the train," Kurapica pointed out.

"And you wouldn't let me touch you," the older man countered. "But now I get to take my time with you."

As if on cue to contradict him, Kurapica's phone vibrated. The blond reached for it, but Kuroro's arms tightened around him.

"It can wait," the Spider Head said.

"It's probably Gon," Kurapica replied, ignoring him.

He read the text message and fired off a quick reply, before putting his phone back on top of the nightstand.

"What does he want?" Kuroro inquired, tone mildly curious.

"To know when we're going to meet them for breakfast," Kurapica answered, settling back into the embrace.

Kuroro marked a pause.

"And what did you tell him?" he asked at length.

"That I want to sleep in and we'll meet them for lunch," the blond said.

His hand settled on top of Kuroro's and he pressed down on it. Then, closing his eyes with a contented sigh, he buried himself deeper into the embrace. It was a long time before the older man finally started moving his hands again. The hesitation was uncharacteristic of the man Kurapica had let into his bed again and again. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Hadn't he stalled like this in the shower as well the previous day? A strange heat was curling in Kurapica's chest, born of a feeling of empowerment rather than desire.