The previous days had been intense. When he had heard Rizzoli give the order to kill the blond, Kuroro had moved entirely without thinking. The idea that someone might harm his travelling companion had made him angry, as angry as if someone had taken a knife and slashed a painting that he'd taken great pains to steal. It was a peculiar mix of possessiveness and a need to protect – only it turned out that this particular work of art did not need to be protected. Kurapica had been more than able to take out all of his attackers. Kuroro should have believed in the younger man's abilities. The fact that he had been able to defend himself against so many people instilled in Kuroro a very odd sort of pride.

He was proud of all of his Spiders, of course, but this was a little different. Not for the first time, the thought came to mind that Kurapica had become like this because of him, that he was the reason why the Kuruta had become this strong.

Leaving this particular line of thinking aside, he focused instead on his reaction to Kurapica wearing his shirt. He rinsed out the suds in his hair, pondering over the surge of desire that had risen inside of him at the sight of the blond wearing something of his. Stronger than the desire, he'd been overtaken by a strong wave of possessiveness. It had been overwhelming, nearly violent, and he'd barely managed to control himself long enough to be at a safe distance from the Rizzoli's men. The man was dead, but people would be looking for his murderer, and they would remember the visit from the so-called art dealer.

The minute that Kuroro had felt far enough from the reach of their potential pursuers, he'd just snapped, so to speak. Days of keeping himself under control had just ended in a feverish fit of passion. Perhaps he ought to put an end to this, to his strange relationship with the Kuruta. Focus on making him a Spider, on leading him, moulding him, forming him. Stop desiring him like he had been. Put some distance between them.

Kuroro washed himself quickly, mulling over his options. When he finally stepped out of the shower, he still hadn't decided on a course of action, but perhaps he could think a little clearer with some caffeine in his veins. He towel-dried his hair, patted himself dry and quickly got dressed in dark denim pants and a black V-neck top.

When he walked out of the bathroom, Kurapica looked up from his book. There was a searching look in his eyes, but this time, Kuroro felt back on his game and he met his gaze with casual ease.

"All yours now," he told the blond, and was careful not to stare too openly.

Damn, Kurapica was still wearing his shirt.

Well, he had none of his own to wear now, so it was only to be expected. Worse, however, was was the fact that he hadn't bothered to put his jeans back on. The shirt was long enough to cover him properly, but the sight made Kuroro want to reach for him and have a repeat of the previous night. He somehow managed to control himself.

"We're going to buy you some clothes as soon as we find a shop," he added. "Just enough to get us to Iono. We can buy more once we're there."

"Buy?" Kurapica asked, placing a bookmark to keep his page.

"Yes," Kuroro confirmed, spotting the cup of coffee on the dresser, clearly set out for him. When the silence dragged on and Kurapica didn't move, he looked up from his beverage to find the blond staring at him. "I've told you, if I have to lead an honest life to –" He suddenly stopped himself. "In any case, yes, I will indeed buy you some clothes." He stuck his thumb towards the bathroom that he'd just vacated. "Go shower so we can get going."

Kurapica didn't respond, and for the longest time he simply sat as he was, his eyes studying the Spider Head in silence. There was a pensive look on his features, something that Kuroro found rather uncomfortable. He didn't want the younger man to make outlandish and probably false assumptions about Kuroro's current dispositions, but there was little he could do about any of it. Finally, Kurapica wordlessly got to his feet, picked up the pile of clothes left for him and disappeared into the bathroom. Kuroro stared after him for a moment, then returned to his morning coffee.