chapter 6

YOU CAN FIND A COMPLETE  EDITED VERSION OF THIS BOOK AT https://www.dreame.com/novel/1962975-Shattered-But-Not-Broken.html

Lucas's P.O.V

"Who is it sis" Eric asked?

"Adam," she said all the color draining from her face.

I grabbed the phone from her hand and caught her as she fell in a dead faint.

"Eric, grab Carra for a minute let me handle this." I said walking out of earshot.

"Adam is it? This is Lucas, Carra's boyfriend I suggest you not call or bother her again." I said trying to control my anger.

I knew that my eyes were glowing, and my wolf wanted to come out and protect its mate.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Adam Yelled.

"Carra was mine first and she will always be mine. I'm coming for her even if I have to go through you to do it."

"I'm warning you this won't end well for you Adam. But go ahead and come. Just know you may not make it back home alive. I won't let you hurt her again she has a bunch of people that will be standing between you and her. Believe that." I growled into the phone.

"Oh really, so Carra's got body guards now does she. I love her, and I won't let you or any of her new little friends keep her from me. I'll be seeing you soon Lucas. Cause I'm coming for her," he said the line going dead.

"Bro what the hell is going on?" Stephen said running through the door unannounced.

"We all felt your rage. Half the pack is outside thinking that you were in danger.

"He called her. That piece of shit threatened her. Carra was so scared that she fainted she still hasn't come to."

"Can you believe that he had the nerve to tell me that she was his and that he's coming for her? I want him dead Stephen I don't care how it happens, but I want him gone. He does not get to breathe the same air as her."

"Calm down you can't just kill humans. If he was pack, then things would be different. Carra would never understand you killing him. For us it would be justified. A wolf would never be stupid enough to threaten another wolfs mate. They know that that would be suicide." Stephen said trying to get me to see reason.

"This has changed everything. I have to tell her what I 'am tonight I have to mark her. My wolf is going to keep going crazy until I do. He knows that she's in danger. Marking her will connect her to me and the rest of the pack."

"Bro, she's not going to like it. But I'm behind any decision you make."

"Let the pack know that I'm okay but that their future Luna is in danger of being kidnapped. I want everyone keeping an eye out for any one new in town. Someone that doesn't quite fit here. He said he was coming for her. I just don't know when." I said knowing that we had to be prepared for his arrival.

"What did Adam say," Eric asked walking into the room.

I replayed our conversation and I could see the anger in his eyes.

"I'll kill him," Eric yelled!

"My thoughts exactly. Eric I'm going to have to tell Carra about us tonight."

"I need to mark her as my mate."

"What does that mean?" Eric asked.

"Basically I bite her on her shoulder and that marks her as mine. Every shifter will know that she belongs to me. It will also connect her to me and my pack. This needs to be done as soon as possible."

"Does she have to be awake for you to do it?" Eric asked.

"No, but I don't want to do it against her will."

"You may have to Lucas. I don't think that she will understand, and I need her to be safe. She's my twin I can't lose her. You didn't see how bad he beat her that night." Eric said his eyes filling with tears.

"I have to give her the choice. I would never be able to live with my self-knowing that I forced her to do something that she didn't want to. I don't want her to see me the same way that she sees Adam."

"I'm thankful that she has you Lucas I know that you will keep her safe no matter what it takes. I just want to let you know that if for some reason you end up with a dead body. I'll help you bury it no questions asked." He said meeting my eyes.

The look in Eric's eyes told me that he was dead serious he would help me get rid of a body to protect his sister. Carra was lucky to have him as her brother.

"Has Carra woken up yet?" I asked anger filling me again at the thought of what Adam had caused.

"Not yet but the doctor's on his way over to make sure that she's okay." He said reassuring me.

Carra's P.O.V

The doctor said I fainted due to an extreme shock. Like no duh, what else could make me go into a dead faint, if not the crazy ex-boyfriend who ruined my life. How the hell had he gotten my number? I couldn't believe that this was happening to me. Just when I meet someone who really cares about me and treats me like I deserve.

I didn't know what I was going to do. He said he was coming for me. I cringed at the thought of him being anywhere near me again.

"Sweetheart, the doctor said we could come see you. How are you feeling?" I said going to sit next to her on the bed.

"I've had better days."

"I know Eric told you what happened with Adam and I understand if you want to break up with me. I know that this isn't your drama to deal with. I just want you to know that I won't hold it against you if you don't want to get mixed up in all this mess" I said not meeting his eyes.

"Carra," he said lifting her face up with my finger.

"I'm never going to leave you. I promise I'm going to help you get through this. I'm not going to let Adam get anywhere near you."

"I need to talk to you about something, but I need you to keep an open mind about it." He said looking nervous.

"What ever you have to tell me can't be that bad. Just tell me."

He stayed quiet for a few seconds before he looked up at me.

"I'm a shifter which means that I can turn into a wolf." He blurted out.

Did he just say he could turn into a wolf?

"You're a what?" I asked confused.

I'm a shifter." He repeated.

"I was born this way. Stephen is also a shifter and all the kids I hang out with at school are part of my pack. I don't know if you know anything about Wolves but when they find their mate they mate for life."

"Hold up! You want me to believe that you Stephen and a bunch of kids at school can turn into wolves. Are you freaking out of your mind?" I shouted.

I screamed for Eric at the top of my lungs.

"What the heck is wrong with you Carra? why are you screaming?" Eric said running through the door.

"Lucas is crazy he wants me to believe that he can turn in to a wolf." I said hiding behind him.

"I swear I'm telling you the truth. Not only that but you're my mate. Which is like my soul mate. I would never do anything to hurt you sweetheart." He pleaded with me to believe him.

"Lucas you're going to have to show her." Eric said an amused look on his face.

"Show me what? Why are taking off your clothes.?" I asked still behind Eric.

"He's about to show you." Eric grinned.

A big black wolf stood where Lucas once stood. My mouth hung open in shock my eyes not believing what I was seeing.

For the second time today everything went black.