chapter 2

Lucas's P.O.V

The minute she walked in I felt it. My eyes went straight to the door. She walked in, gave her paper to Mr. Anderson and made her way to the back of the class.

"Hey Carra," I greeted her with a smile.

She glanced at me but quickly looked away. She sat in the first empty seat she saw. I could hear her heart racing and I couldn't help but wonder what was wrong with her.

I wanted to hold her and tell her that she was safe. That I would never let anyone hurt her again. Every time I turned to look at her she looked away. Why was she avoiding me?

I guess I was just going to have to ask her. It was driving me crazy that she wouldn't even look at me.

Stephen laughed, and I turned and glared at him.

"What the hell is so dam funny?" I growled.

"Oh, nothing I just have never seen anyone not want to get your attention. Little one back there wants nothing more than to ignore you. How the mighty have fallen," he said laughing.

I wanted to knock that smirk off his face. I decided that it wouldn't look good if I punched him in the middle of class, but there's always later I thought to myself with a grin.

Carra's P.O.V

Lucas kept looking back at me and it was making me nervous. His friend seemed to think that something was funny, because he kept laughing out loud.

Lucas looked like he wanted to smack him. I wonder what that's about? I thought curious.

None of your business Carra. I scolded myself

Keep your head down and stay away from those two.

I was so relieved when the bell rang. I grabbed my books and headed to the door before Lucas could say anything to me.

Erica was waiting outside when I came out.

"How was it sis?" He asked.

"It wasn't to bad. You really don't have to walk me to every class Eric. I think I can make it on my own."

"I know you can sis but today's your first day and I really want to make sure that you're okay." He said walking next to me.

"That's why I love you so much. I know you got my back no matter what Eric." I said with a smile grateful for an amazing brother.

"Always and forever sis."

I didn't have a doubt in my mind that he would always be here for me.

Lucas's P.O.V

I couldn't believe she ran away from me again.

"Did you see her she looked like the devil was after her?"

"Don't take it so hard bro. Eric did say she was skittish around guys and that something had happened to her." Stephen said with a frown.

It filled me with fury to think that someone would hurt her. I had to know what had made her this way.

"Stephen, I need you to find out what happened at her old school. I need to know who hurt her and when I do we are going to make him pay.

Now I just needed to figure out a way to make my mate trust me.

Carra's P.O.V

My next few classes flew by. I think because I was so focused on trying to ignore everyone and focus on what my teachers had to say. I could tell people were trying to figure out what my deal was, but I could care less what they thought of me.

The girl next to me kept staring at me like she wanted to say something but wasn't sure if she should.

"I'm Anna, look I know u want to stick to yourself but I know what it's like to be the new kid. So, if you want a friend you have one." She said with a friendly smile.

"I'm sorry Anna if I came off a little standoffish. I've had a rough year and it's hard for me to let people get close to me." I said being sincere.

"Well then I guess your going have to take a chance on me then" she said with a grin.

From that moment I knew we were going to be the best of friends.

Lucas's P.O.V

My next few classes dragged on I couldn't wait to see my mate again. I needed to be near her. When the bell rang I jumped up and headed to my locker to put my books away. Before heading to lunch.

"Hey bro what's the rush?" Stephen joked.

"Shut up Stephen!" I said with a growl.

"Little one is just going to run the other way as soon as she sees you." He said laughing.

He was laughing at me way too much lately. I was going to have to put a stop to that.

"Ha, real funny." I said sarcastically.

I think I just needed to back off and handle this a different way. I just was not sure how yet.

"Why don't you just bring Eric into our group and tell him the truth about us. If anyone can help you with little one its going be him. "Stephen said smiling finally being helpful.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. What if we scare him or he decides we're monsters that he does not want his sister anywhere near."

"Lucas I think if you explain the whole mate thing to him you can make him understand that you would never hurt her. That you would kill anyone who ever tried to harm her. Bro he would know that you would protect her with your life. And so, would the rest of the pack. After all she is our future Luna, I think all a brother ever wants is for their little sister to be safe and loved. I think that this is a good move." Stephen said playing with his phone.

"Your right Stephen. For her I'm willing to take a chance and risk it all."

When we walked into the cafeteria we saw Eric standing with Carra and if I wasn't mistaken a girl named Anna. I ignored the fast beating of my heart at seeing her. I walked over and hoped things went well.

"Eric can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked trying not to gawk at Carra.