Detention!

After her last class Winter dashed out of the classroom and up to the hospital wing, ignoring the resentful stares Harry and Ron gave her. They weren't speaking to her because of her reaction when Buckbeak attacked Draco. She hesitated in the doorway of the hospital wing. Inside she saw Draco laying there weakly while Pansy Parkinson chattered at him. Draco caught sight of Winter and she could see his relief.

"Winter! I was wondering when you would come!" He said happily, cutting off Pansy mid sentence. Pansy scowled at Winter and Winter found herself smirking at her in an extremely self satisfied, un-Winter-like way. All that time with Draco must have been affecting her.

"You certainly took your time in coming here. You should have seen her after it happened Draco, didn't say a word when Potter and Weasley were trashing you. Couldn't care less, it appeared. You should be ashamed of yourself. You are nothing more than a lying, two-faced, halfblood." Pansy said nastily. Draco rolled his eyes at Winter behind Pansy's back and mouthed an apology. The old Winter might have been too frightened and hurt to fight back, but the new Winter had her 'Draco Approved' smirk in place and was ready to fight back.

"Well you know us halfbloods are an unreliable bunch. Completely disloyal and really only in it to win it. I'd steer clear of us if I were you, not something someone with your intelligence would want to get mixed up in. Then again it is our flighty nature and our complete lack of values that draw in all of the hot purebloods. That must be upsetting for you. Maybe if your face wasn't so... squished..." She said unable to hold back giggles. An exploson of laughter behind Pansy made her look up. Draco was laying there guiltily with the sheet up over his face. Pansy turned bright red and almost ran out of the room, tears welling in her eyes.

"Hi." Winter said to Draco, moving towards the recently vacated chair. Draco grinned and moved over on the bed, grimacing in pain, then patted the empty space beside him with his good arm. Winter gingerly climbed onto the bed, trying not to jostle it, Draco winced in pain despite her best efforts. He wrapped his good arm around her and she cuddled into his side. "Are you ok?" She asked him, sounding almost childlike in her concern. He smiled down at her and told her that he was now. Winter smiled back and they fell into comfortable silence for a while. Draco laughed, causing Winter to look up in confusion.

"After the... incident with Potter today, I definitely didn't think the day would end with you in my arms." He told her, giving her a gentle squeeze. Winter frowned and said that she hadn't either. She reflected that she had been more worried than angry at him. He smiled but she could tell that he felt a little bit guilty. "I'm glad you worry about me. I worry about you too sometimes." He admitted with a rueful smile. Winter laughed and said she didn't know why. She hadn't been attacked by an angry hippogryph lately. He smiled.

"I worry more when I don't know where you are. And I worry that you don't like me as much as I like you." He said, starting off brave but his voice dropping to a mutter at the end of the sentence. Winter smiled and blushed and then he was moving beside her, trying to shift to a different position but grimacing in pain. With sudden clarity she realised that he was trying to get in a position to kiss her.

"Stay still! I'll move." She told him almost laughing. He grumbled and sank back on to the pillows, muttering that it was meant to be smooth. This time she did laugh and he smiled in response. Then they both turned serious as she cupped his face and with longing and excitement burning within her, she leant in and pressed her lips to his. His arm tightened around her and he pulled her firmly up against him as their lips continued to move as one.

"Miss Starr! This is a hospital wing the patients here require rest." A shocked and faintly amused voice said, breaking through Winter's thoughtless haze. She and Draco both sprung apart, blushing furiously and Winter half rolled to see Madam Pomfrey standing there with a faintly disproving look on her face. Winter ducked her head in embarrassment and apologised. "And the beds are generally for patients, Miss Starr." She hinted. Winter fought down her giggles and refused to even glance Draco's way as she got off the bed.