Chapter 1 | Easy Life

"Ethan" I hear as I turn around to see Matt walking towards my car as I step out. "Ayyeee matty" I say. We hadn't seen each other over the summer break since he went to Hawaii it's his family to celebrate the death of his aunt Cathryn. When he told me I literally thought he was joking. But it turns out his aunt was piece of shit and so was her reputation. Matts family is pretty wild so I wasn't surprised that they planned a trip to fricking Hawaii in stead of a funeral. "So how was it?" I asked. "Ugh Jesus Christ it was the best, we finally had one family holiday without a crack head who seduces the first man she sees" he said. We both historically laughed as we walked into high school. This was our last year of high school then it was time to face the real world. Thinking it of that way was pretty fucking scary but we still have time to do all the crazy shit we'll look back at.

***

"Bro. Stacy Clark" he murmurs as he drools at the sight of her. "Ha! You wish. Now that right there is all Cameron's. Dude if you laid one fucking finger on her he would bash you hard enough until your jaw was round the other side of your head" I say. He gave me with a disgusted look then slowly realises that is true. "You STILL haven't laid a pupil on any girl, there's so many hot girls her I don't understand why you don't think they're attractive" he says. "Ok ok ok hold up" I spoke as I turned to him which made him stand like a mum listening to her 14 year old boy persuade her that he thought the bong was a drink bottle. "It's not that I don't find them attractive it's just that I'm waiting for a girl to actually talk to me first, THEN I can start catching feelings" I laugh. "Dude your Grayson Dolans brother, the most popular kid in school. Just ask him if he can introduce you to someone, then boom. Problem solved" he smirks. I roll my eyes and start walking.

My brother isn't like the normal popular people. He's actually nice, unlike his friends Jarod, max and Bryce. They're only nice to me because I'm his brother. He's been popular since 10th grade, me and him snuck into the principles office and stole the cash raised from the school fair. If you're wondering why I'm not popular is because he had the guts to own up and tell everyone that he did it, Even though I was part of it too.

We walked into our first class and sat down. "Awe shit we have miss Norris" I say. Matt looks at the teacher then gives me a disgusted face. Miss Norris was vice principle and she wouldn't take shit from anyone. One time in science class a kid accidentally dropped a glass cup and she fully went psycho. "Alright class get out your text books" she yelled. I could see Grayson across the room from me, he was sitting with max. Don't get me wrong, Grayson was a smart guy but I was worried that if he spent so much time with those douches he would become like them.

Our house was right across the street from our high school so we could walk home. Grayson never walked home with me. I would never really see him that often. He was usually somewhere with his gang doing something better than being with me. But this afternoon he walked home, alone. I found that strange since he's never seen alone but I didn't really care anyways. I threw my bag across my room floor and flopped onto my bed. I was so tired that I fell asleep almost instantly, but was woken up by the sound of graysons voice.

"Hey. Ethan wake up" I hear. I slowly opened my eyes to see Grayson sitting on my bed.
"Grayson what are you doing??" I mumbled. He gave a faint smile then started talking again. "I just wanted to tell you that I miss being with you, we haven't talked in like 6 months, I miss you". I sat up and rubbed my face. "I miss you too man" I say. He nods then we both chuckle. "Wanna watch a movie or something?" He asks. I have assignments to do, finish my editing, start my science but I wisent letting anything get in the way of reuniting with my brother.

The whole night was filled with horror stories and talking about old memories. I really did miss the times where we would never leave each other's side. I felt a warm feeling when I was with Grayson. It was almost like a warm touch, the thought of it made me smile. It was too late and I needed to come up with an excuse why I didn't even start my assignment for science to miss Norris.