She's the only person that can do that. She can effortlessly break through this tough facade I've been wearing. Funny thing is, kung sino pa 'yung dahilan kung bakit ginagawa ko 'to, ay siya ring tao na hahayaan kong sirain ang lahat. Siya na kahit paulit-ulit akong saktan, hindi ako magsasawang tanggapin muli. Lahat handa na naman akong isuko kung siya ang pagbibigyan ko.

Tanging siya lang.

Namumukod-tanging sa kanya lang.

I don't know how long I've been inside the comfort room, and I have no idea kung ilang babae na din ang pumasok, as I hear knocks on the door and hear my boyfriend's faint voice, calling my name.

I sighed heavily remembering I already have someone new. I have this amazing guy that is so willing to cross oceans for me, but I'd still choose to settle for that one person I don't even know would cross puddles for me. I have this guy that would buy me the universe but I will not hesitate to pick just this world, if it's her that's offering. I have someone that brought only happiness to me, but I will still choose to come back to that agonizing relationship if it meant that I get to be with her one more time. I could go on over and over but I know, in the end, it's Althea I will choose beyond anything else.

Na-realize kong siya 'yung gusto ko at lahat ng gugustuhin ko sa isang tao.

I finished retouching and gather all the strength I could muster. I inhaled and exhaled, until my breathing steadied. After assuring that I look much better than a while ago, I went out of the powder room and found Jayson a few feet away from me. As soon as he heard the door opened, he instantly rushed to me.

"Hey.." He said, worry evident on his face. He placed his right hand on my back which I find comfort in.

"Hey.." I answered and gave him a small smile.

"Are you okay? Gusto mo ng umuwi?" He asked as we are walking to our place earlier. I didn't answer. Instead, I roamed my eyes inside the bar and search for them. I was actually readying myself to be in a more awkward situation with Althea but I can't seem to find them in our table.

"N-Na saan sila Batchi?" I asked still looking for them.

"They already left. After Althea followed you in the washroom, she came back looking pissed and suddenly asked Batchi and Abby to go home. Why? May nangyari ba sa CR kanina?" I gasped subtly, trying to think for a valid reason.

"I- I have no idea. Hindi ko siya nakitang pumasok dun eh. B-Baka may naka-inisan before she even entered the powder room." I answered trying to look relaxed as much as possible. He nodded and I instantly let a sigh I didn't notice I was holding.

"Do you want to go home or should we stay here for a while? Maaga pa naman?" He carefully asked and even though I really want to go home, I know he still wants us to stay here.

"Okay. We can stay here for a while." I smiled which brought light to his face. He grabbed my hand and guide me to our seats earlier.

"Babe, nakwento sa'kin ni Batchi na close daw kayo ni Althea dati? She said that she stayed in New York for one year at kakauwi niya lang last week." He asked while pouring some Margarita on my glass.

So sa New York pala siya nagstay all this time.

"Yeah. Close nga kami dati pero hindi ko din alam bakit bigla na lang siyang umalis." I said, sounding sad even if I try not to.

It's true that I have no idea why she suddenly left and out of the country pa because knowing Althea, she wouldn't want to leave. Lalo na dahil sa business nito. At ngayong bumalik na ito, hindi ko alam kung magstay na ba siya for good. I felt a slight pang in my chest thinking that Althea may leave the country any time but I decided not to make a big deal out of it.

"Sabi ni Batchi, nagulat na lang din daw sila ng biglang makatanggap sila ng e-mail from Althea stating that she's in New York and she wanted her to manage her business until she decided to come back." I remained silent, signaling for him to continue which he understood and resume talking.

"She said that something tragic happened to Althea. A month before daw ito biglang nawala, she just stayed inside her townhouse. Every time daw na pupuntahan nila ito, hindi nila mayaya lumabas dahil may hinihintay daw itong bumalik. I didn't know who or what is it pero sabi ni Batchi, akala daw nila bumabalik na naman ito sa dati nitong buhay noong na broken-hearted siya." He paused and shook his head with disbelief. "I don't know, Babe, but I pity her. You know, waiting for something or someone, and having no idea if it would still come back, is the worst thing ever. It's like you're choosing to torture yourself everyday, even if you know how to end it. You have the antidote to your own poison." He ended and looked at me.

"Hey, why are you crying? May masakit ba sa'yo?" He asked that brought me out of my reverie. I didn't notice I was crying but I felt my heart crushed a million times while listening to his story. I didn't know what Althea had gone through while I suffer from the wrath of my father. Regrets suddenly filled my mind, trying to imagine what happened to her. Maybe if I did something earlier before, maybe we're still together until now.

I shook off worse thoughts in my head and gave Jayson a tired smile. "I'm fine, Jay. Sumakit lang bigla ang ulo ko."

"Should I take you home now?" He cooed, and I nodded, thankful for this kind guy in front of me. I'm so grateful that he's not pushing every thing kahit na alam kong madami pa siyang gustong itanong at pag-usapan namin. He just really think of me and my welfare is his number one priority.

"Okay. Let me take you home." He smiled and took me from my elbow gently as he guide me at the bar's exit.

"Take a rest, Jade. I'll wake you up once we get into your condo." He said sweetly and I obeyed.

After 1 hour, I think, I felt Jayson's hand rubbing my forearm, trying to wake me up. "Hey babe, we're here." I heard him and opened my eyes.

"Okay. Thank you, Jay. You want to come inside to drink coffee? Mukhang antok na antok ka na din." I offered which he politely declined.

"Nah, thank you but I need to go home. And besides, baka hindi din ako makatulog pag dating ko sa bahay kung iinom pa ako ng kape." He said, giving me a sweet smile.

"Are you sure?" I pushed which earned a light chuckle from him.

"Yep. Go inside now, bago pa magbago isip ko." He winked and I smiled. This is what I like about him, he's not taking advantage of me. He respects me like every woman should be respected.

"Okay. Goodnight, Jay, and thank you. Be careful driving." I said and gently cupped his face then gave him a light kiss on his lips. After our lips collided, I tried to search those butterflies and tingling sensation I'm feeling whenever I get to kiss her.

I smiled.

I smiled because I didn't make a mistake. I'm sure of what I'm feeling right now.

I let go of his face and look at him straight in the eyes. I wanted him to feel all the love I have for him.

"Text me as soon as you get home." I smiled one more time and he nodded. I slid out from his car and walk straight to the condominium's elevator.

Althea, what should I do with you?

Find Your Wayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें