Crushing Spirits

- Xavier St. Claire

^-^-^

You wanna know the best thing about High School? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. We can do whatever we fucking want, and never have to face the consequences.

Mainly we're here because of our rich parents. They're here to throw money at the school to make sure all our secrets, stay hidden.

We fuck up, they pay the school off.

Rape, theft, cheating, abuse, murder. anything you can possibly think, has been done in this school.

Its all skeletons in the closet now.

^-^-^

"There she is." Cole Masterson said, once again pointing out Cassandra Mattews. She was stretching on the field, showing just how flexible she could be. "Man she's hot."

"I banged her after the party." Oliver said sitting next to me.

"Bullshit." I said glancing back over at her. "Everybody knows that Cassandra Matthews is just a glorified prude." We all laughed.

"Besides." Cole chimed in. "If anybody got in her pants, it was Danny. They were all over each other after that challenge." He then proceeded to turn around hugging himself and making kissing sounds.

"Dude how old are you?" I asked laughing.

^-^-^

Cassandra Matthews

Let me explain one thing to you, before I continue telling you of my journey through high school. Freshman year, was the year that your reputations was set in stone. Nothing would ever change it. Nobody will ever forget your mistakes.

^-^-^

"Hey, so I heard someone got lucky last night." Lacey, One of the Sophmore elites, smiled nudging Ronnie's shoulder. Her tan skin blushed a deep red as she looked away.

"What do you mean?" She said, suddenly realizing what she'd said. Lacey smiled, what could only be deciphered as an deceitful, or sinister?.

"Oh its all over school." She said casually checking her nails. She suddenly glanced at her in surprise. "Oh I'm sorry, was nobody supposed to know?" She asked innocently.

"Um.. I.. I umm.." Ronnie sputtered in disbelief. She was looking to me and Riley for help, but one look from Lacey and we kept our mouths shut.

Mistake number 1.

The entire team was listening by now, and I knew this was going to end badly.

If only i'd said something. saved her from this humiliation.

"He's talking about it you know? How easy it was to get into your pants, and how fun you were," She looked her dead in her eyes. "God, I never knew you were such a slut."

Ron was shaking, the tears were sitting on the edge ready to fall. "He, he told me.."

"He told you what? That you were special? You were his one and only?" She laughed as if it was the most absurd thing she'd ever heard. "Cassie," I looked at her immediately, shocked.

"Huh?" I immediately cursed myself, Mom would have my neck if she heard me say 'huh', its so unladylike.

"Tell her how crazy that is," This was my test. "Go ahead and tell her how much of a slut she is." at this moment I'm scared to death, she's inadvertently telling me to choose between my best friend, and my popularity.