The Hazing Ceremony

- Cassandra Matthews

^-^-^

This is it. I thought as me and my friends got out of the car. We were all giddy and excited with glee. Itching and squirming, and a little nervous as we walked toward the large fire with teenagers surrounding it. Some were drunk and dancing, others were standing back taking in the scenery before them. Riley was practically bursting with excitement her bright red curls bouncing along with her, while Ronnie just stood awkwardly next to me wondering what to do next.

I stood in the middle of the two and together we were the three musketeers, in a sense. I guess you could say that we never seperate, well, because we're simply too close. The three of us always have at least one class or more together in school (due to our mothers suggestions of course), and always lunch, always.

Well you get what I'm trying to say, right? We're all bestfriends and its been like this practically since we were all born.

"Omg! I like, cannot believe we're even here right now!" Riley exclaimed looking around at the obnoxious loud grinding teenagers, The booze being passed around and the heavy make out sessions going on.

"Operation start out amazing high school experience with a bang is a go ladies." Ronnie said seemingly less tense than before.

"Cassandra, Riley, Veronica. I'm so glad you guys could make it!" Carrie's light bubbly voice chimes. We turn to see her walking (more like bouncing), in our direction, all dolled up in her cheer uniform, her beautiful blonde hair in a neat ponytail, and her sparkling blue eyes on display. "You all look great! C'mon the ceremony is about to start!"

^-^-^

"Ladies and Gentleman, Tonight is the night that we bring our young and perspiring athletes into there rightful places." Alex Hernendez, captain of the soccer team, said. "Do you freshman think you have what it takes to be apart of this.." He paused looking for the correct word. "Community? Our school holds the highest record for the best sports teams, and highest academic scores in the country. Now if you don't think you have what it takes," He motioned towards the exit of the beach. "Please leave now, and don't return, any takers?" Everybody looked around at eachother.

No one moved.

He clapped his hands together, his eyes holding a mischievous glint to it and said

"Lets get this party started!" As if on cue, the all of the teams (except for the freshman of course), stood up and moved away from the rest of us.

"To begin." This time it was Carrie who spoke. "We shall start with something that shows how much you innocent little babies want this, maybe with ... Body shots!" Everybody applauded and cheered, again except for the freshman. "Hmmm, who should go first?" Her eyes roved over the see of scared eyes, and landed of me. Typical. I thought.

"Cassie, come on up here would you please darling?" I slowly, very slowly, stood up from my spot on the log and moved towards Carrie, after of course looking back at my friends who were sending me thumbs up and wide smiles. A hand was around my waist and I looked up to see that it was Danny Jacobs, junior and star basketball player, with pretty hazel eyes, with a flick of green, and light brown skin.

"Shirts off. Now." The crowd went crazy. I stared at Carrie wide eyed, This is not good.

"What?" I asked watching as Danny took his shirt off.

"Take your shirt off Cassie, unless.. Your scared. 'cause of you are you can just leave and kiss that spot on the team, goodbye." There was an evil glint in her eyes that told me she wasn't joking, and when I looked over to my friends they looked just as horrified as I did.