Prologue

"I think we already have enough money to rent a van" Calum, my older brother says counting the money on the table in front of him "But we don't have enough to survive during the trip"

"Do i need to keep working on that grocery store?" Ashton sighed. He hated working there, to be honest here, he hated everything that involves working, in any area.

"Lazy ass" i yelled from the kitchen.

"Shut up Mel" The brunet curly haired guy said. He's the oldest in the group, he is 20. Ashton is a year older than Calum and two years older than me. Me and my brother are pretty close on our age and maybe that's the reason for us to get along so well. I left the kitchen with packet of crisps and three cans of coke.

"I listened to you and no, i'm not going to shut up" i snapped and put the food and the drinks on the table. "What were you saying Calum?"

Me and my brother are a lot look alike, we both have dark brown hair and brown eyes, he's taller than me of course. He uses his hair styled up a lot, my hair is long and very straight. One of the differences between me and Calum, apart for me being a girl and he is a boy is, his skin is tanned and mine is lighter.

"We only have enough money to rent a van" he said, probably repeating what he already have said before.

"And i hate my job" Ashton added with a smile and took a sip of his coke.

"I don't care about that" i said to Ash also smiling. Ashton has curly light brown hair, he use a bandana in his forehead and, i can say that's pretty hot. His eyes are green, he's the same height as Calum and it's a happy guy, he's always laughing and he can laugh in ten different ways and he laughs about everything, even about Calum's lamest jokes.

He's been our friend since we moved here, to New Jersey, after our parents divorce a few years ago, i was around 7 and Calum 8. It was a hard time for us back then, i remember being in my room hearing our parents fighting with eachother and when things between them got really bad, Calum ran into my bedroom and stayed with me until they stoped screaming with one another. It always ended the same way, my father leave the house really upset and my mother in the couch crying. One day after their biggest fight my father left the house and only returned a few days later, to tell my mother that she had to leave the house with me and Calum, that was his house and he wanted the divorce. We stayed with my grandparents for a while and when my mother had a really good job opportunity we leave the city that we used to live, Pensilvania, and moved to where we are now. Me and Calum were completely lost, we didn't had friends, the house was smaller and we didn't knew nothing about this new city, until our first day of school, Ashton was there and he got along with Calum. I started hanging out more with him when i was about 15, they used to say that i was pretty annoying when i was younger, but now Ashton likes to say that i am cool. Me and him always had this love/hate relationship, but we don't love eachother, i had a crush on Ashton when i was younger, i was about 14 or 15, i don't remember, but it wasn't that big of a deal because it was something temporary. I mean he is my big brother's hot friend, everyone has a crush on their brother's friends.

We are always like this, teasing eachother but when i need some friend to talk to, he's always available for me, he's sweet and a really good friend.

"But i do care" Ashton leaned back in his chair "I thought we could already quit our jobs" he said with his mouth full of chips.

"Quitting our jobs was never an option, but if you want to, that's alright we do the trip in another time" Calum said.

"No" i snap. "I've been waiting for this for over a third of my life"

"Two years is not a third of your life" Ashton laughed.

"She's quoting City if Bones" My brother told his friend. I read, a lot and sometimes i like to quote books or movies. I made Calum watch the movies with me, more than once, so he knows when i quote something from that movie.

"What's that?" Ashton asked.

"A movie" Calum answered.

"Just leave me alone okay? Let's focus on the money" i changed the subject. From what i know about these two boys, especially Ashton, they would be making fun of the fact that i use a quote from a movie.

We made another list of which states we want to visit and look at it, we need money because the rent of the van and the gas we will need is coasting us almost half of the money we have right now. We could use Calum's or Ashton's car, but it's not enough the cars are too small for a trip like this.

We've been planing this road trip for two years, we decided we'll make one when all of us had our car licensee and were old enough to be alone for a month or more. We don't know how much time the trip will take us, we don't know how much time we will stay in each state...we just want to go on the road and drive to wherever we want. It was Calum's idea, he always wanted to do something like this but in the Europe but first he wanted to know the country where he lives. Eachone of us have a job where we spend three or four hours a day to earn money for this trip. We could ask our parents for money but that wouldn't be much right because it's us three that want to do this trip so we have to sacrifice ourselves to make it more than a plan. I work for almost a year in a music shop downtown, it's cool they pay me really well but it's kinda of boring because there's no much people going to the shop. Calum's works in McDonalds and he don't forget to tell me and my mother how much he hates the smell of fast food, and Ashton has a job on a grocery store next to his house.

***

It's been a week since the last time we were all together planing our trip and since then the only thing we got was a warning from my mother. If you keep with F's in school, in my case, i would not be able to go with Ashton and Calum, and i don't want that, so here i am with Ashton doing homework. I mean, i am doing homework, Ashton is just playing some game in the computer.

"Put your feet down" i say to Ashton as he puts his feet on the table. "This is not your house"

"Okay" He says with his hands up, moving his feet from the table to the floor. "To be honest i spend more time here than in my own house so this is almost my seconds home."

"That's because you love us" Calum joke as he enter the kitchen. "What are you guys doing?" He took an apple that was on the kitchen counter and take a bite.

"Lunch is in the fridge." I inform my brother. "And i am studying" i answer Calum's question.

"I had lunch in college" Calum's eyes are on the computer screen. "Which game is it mate?"

"GTA5"

"Oh that's much better on ps3" Calum said sitting next to Ashton.

After an hour they keep talking about the game and I was still trying to study. I closed my match book and my notebook and left for my room, I grabed the book on my nightstand and lay on bed reading, it was Looking For Alaska by John Green, I read all of his books apart from this one, my favorite is The Fault Is On Stars, that book it's painful beautiful and I love it.

It seems like only minutes had passed since I start reading but when I look at the phone screen it was almost 8pm, I was here for two hours now. Someone was calling me and when I look back at the phone it was Ashton, I answered and he told me to me and Calum go outside because he has something to show us and he can't bringing inside the house.

-

okay so i start writing this story and for the first time i posted somewhere, i'm not english so if i have any misspellings in the story please tell me and i'll correct it. I'll post more if you like it :)