"Don't." You warned him. "I'm sick of this, Juggy."
His chest deflated as your words struck him like a knife. "I'm sorry. I got carried away."
"Carried away?" You snapped. "Jughead, I've never once complained about you writing. Not once. But do you know how insulting it is to get treated like a burden when all I was asking is if you wanted a damn slice of lasagna?"

"You're not a burden." He immediately cut in, no trace of amusement lined his face. "Don't say that."
You slowly shook your head and ran a shaky hand through your hair. "Then why do I feel like I am? Juggy, I'm so proud of you for writing your novel and what you and Betty are doing for the Blue and Gold is amazing – but I can't take coming second all the time to that."

Jughead pushed himself off the wall and puckered his dark brows. "Second? Y/N, you're—"
"Can you name the last time where it was just me and you? No laptop, no notebook, no research. Just me and you having a milkshake or watching a movie. Or eating some damn leftover lasagna?" When Jughead remained silent, you sadly shook your head. "I understand you, Jughead. I know how your brain works and I get that you want to get to the bottom of everything happening in Riverdale but you're digging into some heavy stuff, Jug. You're constantly writing about such dark things that have taken place – all I wanted to do was distract you for a night with some fun. Some lightness, if you will."

You slowly glanced up at Jughead only to catch his blue stare instantly. He looked almost scared in that instant which confused you but his lips remained pressed in a thin, hard line. "Can I show you something?" He finally asked, his voice quiet.

Despite every bone in your body telling you to walk away, your heart got the better of you and you found yourself following him back into the living room towards his laptop.
"You're right. I'm delving into some deep stuff here and some of it – most of it – is pretty dark." He glanced back at you and shrugged. "It's enough to get lost in, sometimes." You watched his long fingers minimize his current screen before opening a document called Light. "Which is why, I have this."

"What is it?" You whispered, knowing he was extremely particular with who read his work.
Jughead gestured to the document before sliding the laptop towards you. "Take a look for yourself."
Slowly, you glanced back at the laptop and read through the document.

'April 2nd – The way the sun hits her eyes. A painting couldn't capture that kind of art

April 8th – She sat through a Tarantino marathon with me for six and a half hours. Keeper.

May 13th – made her laugh so hard some of her milkshake came out of her nose

June 10th – binge watched some awful show about ghost hunting for three hours. Hated it – but three hours of having her pressed against me whenever she got scared was worth it

July 7th – Gives the best shoulder massages'

The list went on and on. Three whole pages of things that went as recent as a week prior and it was all about you. Swallowing hard, you hesitantly tore your eyes away from the screen to peer back at Jughead only to find his gaze was already on you. You had no words – what could you possibly say after reading that? A lump formed in your throat as you saw the sincerity pouring out of his affectionate gaze.

"Y/N, you're never second fiddle. Never. Do I get carried away sometimes?" He pretended to think which caused a tiny laugh to escape your lips. "Maybe." He winked. "But, you have to know that you are light." He reached for your hand and guided you back towards the couch. "Whenever I get too into it and it gets a little dark, I just write about you in there and it brings me back down to reality. Makes things tolerable again for a little while. You do that. Not my novel, not the Blue and Gold – you."

"Oh, Juggy," you muttered. "I don't even know what to say."
For the first time that night, Jughead's infamous smirk took hold of his features. "I, Jughead Jones, made Y/N speechless?" He shook his head in mock disbelief. "I must be good."

With a playful smack to his chest, you stood up to your full height and he followed in suit but not before gingerly wrapping his hands around your hips. "You're something else, Juggy." You told him, leaning in to place a gentle kiss on his pink lips. "Truly."

Feigning a casual shrug, Jughead simply pecked the tip of your nose before letting you go to walk towards the kitchen. "Yeah, yeah. Heat me up a piece of your mom's lasagna then we'll talk about how amazing I am. Deal?"

Watching him walk away, all you could do was grin and roll your eyes affectionately at his antics. Nights like these were exactly what made sitting around in the dark as he typed away on his laptop worth it and, if you were honest, you wouldn't trade any of them for the world.

-

CREDIT: Jughead-thethird
TUMBLR