42. He's My Century Old Whiskey

Start from the beginning

"Why?" I asked,  as I cast a swift glance towards Douglas and the girl again. They were dancing together, too closely for it to be innocent. "I don't want to be here anymore." I turned my gaze back onto Alex, my voice defeated.

"I know how you're feeling right now. Believe me I do. But running away isn't going to solve anything."

"How would you know?" My voice came out more brusque that it would otherwise have been. "You have Dylan and you guys are literally in love."

Alex, despite my rude tone, smiled and replied in a tone that made me feel embarrassed for being rude to her. She didn't deserve it. "It wasn't always sunshine and rainbows for Dylan and I, remember? In fact we got into a lot of bumps before we ever got together. Some of it was his fault and some were mine, but most of it was because we didn't talk it out. Because we just decided to run away from our problems instead of facing each other and settling things by talking."

Alex smiled at something, a fond memory maybe. "Trust me. I know exactly what you're feeling right now. And believe me when I say that things might not be as simple and straightforward as it might seem. Sometimes it's a whole lot complicated and you need to talk it out to sort everything out."

She placed her hands on both sides of my shoulders. "Just talk things out with Douglas, Krystal. Trust me. Everything will make sense when you do, okay?"

I took a deep breath in what felt like forever before releasing a sigh. "Okay," I finally said as I tried to force a smile on my face. "I will. But I need to freshen up before I do talk to him about everything, okay?"

Alex nodded. "Okay. Let's do that." She patted my shoulder softly. "You're doing the right thing, Krystal."

After going back into the mansion and finding an empty bathroom, I splashed some water onto my face and stared at myself in the mirror.

My makeup was still intact and nothing was amiss. I still looked the same as I did when I left the apartment a little more than an hour ago. But I looked different at the same time. I seemed different.

Maybe it was the fact that I'd realized my feelings for Douglas was more than just a crush. It seemed that there was more redness to my cheeks, my eyes were glistening and vibrating with some sort of vibrance as if I'd just discovered the secret to life. I felt different.

I took a deep breath, hoping to calm myself as I pondered over what to tell Douglas.

Was I just going to march right up to him and tell him how I felt about him? Or was I going to go up to him and ask him what he was doing with the girl?

Although I didn't have a right to demand him an answer as to why he was flirting with a girl.

Douglas hadn't really confirmed to me that he had the same feelings for me as I did him. He had just said he was worried about me. That didn't necessarily mean that he liked me, nonetheless loved me.

Before I could come to a clear decision on what I was going to say to Douglas, Alex's voice came from the other side of the door. "Krystal, are you done yet?"

"Yeah," I called back before I finished applying a thin layer of lip gloss. "Just finishing up."

Turns out that all my worrying about what to ask Douglas had all been for naught, because when Alex and I had successfully maunevered through the crowded house to get to the beach where we'd last seen Douglas and raven haired girl, only raven haired girl was there, downing shots with some other half naked guys. Douglas was nowhere to be seen.

•••

My phone ringing non stop broke my attention away from watching Dean stab Abaddon with knife of Cain. And it was so intense too.