28. Confusing Cowardice

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

XOXO,
LOSALINI

•••||||•••

"Krystal, Krystal..."

I stared blankly at Douglas as the words processed itself in my mind. Is something going on between you and my cousin?

The words then mixed with the confusion as to what gave him that idea to ask that question and suddenly I burst out laughing in his face.

"Is something funny?" He asked after I continued to chuckle at the ludicrousness of the question. "I didn't hear a joke being said."

I stopped laughing enough to ask, "That was a joke, right? Because seriously, what makes you think, Will and I have this 'relationship' that surpasses a friendship?"

"You guys just seem..." He furrowed his brows together confused.

"Close?" I offered. "Yeah, that's what you happens when you're friends with somebody."

"But, I've seen the two of you. You seem to be a lot closer than two people who've only known each other for a little over a month."

"That's what happens when you're stuck in a strange city with no sense of where you're going and you just happen to get your burger stolen by some strange guy claiming to have flown over from the UK for said burger."

"Wait...what?" He stared at me, confusion clear in his eyes.

"Forget it. But bottom line is, I see Will only as a friend, and I'm pretty sure he does to, to me that is. And there is nothing going on between us besides friendship."

"But you two are always together. He took you out that Saturday. You guys went to the water park together the whole day."

I could tell by looking at Douglas is that he clearly believed Will and I had this secret relationship going on that he didn't know about. "Firstly, we went out that Saturday because there was basically nothing better to do other than staying here watching a game I knew almost zilch about except for the fact that scoring is named touchdowns. And secondly, we went to the water park because you told us to. Plus, I offered to stay behind but you told me to go because you were waiting for Georgia."

"Fine," he sighed, giving me a half smile. "Fine. But I hope you make that clear to Will."

"What do you mean?"

"Either you're the most naive and oblivious person alive or you're the cruelest."

I smiled innocently despite not knowing what he meant. "I'd prefer neither."

A serious look crossed his face before he leaned in towards me, whilst maintaining a clear distance between us. "Will likes you, Krystal and not just as a friend. And before his feelings get deeper, I suggest you let him know where he stands."

"What?" Disbelief reached me. "No." Will was just a friend. Yes, he flirted but it was all harmless flirting, the type you did to friends that were girls, or any girl really when you had a face like his.

"Believe what you may, but its the truth. Look," he placed a hand on mine on the table, before he removed it when I looked up at him, shocked, "Will... he's like a brother to me and I don't want to see him get hurt. And I most definitely don't want to see him thrown away again. Either you accept him or you tell him the truth, that you only have platonic feelings for him." Then he stood up, "Oh and remember how you still owe him a wish from the golf session before?"