°·°·°·°·°one°·°·°·°·°

I grabbed the key from my back pocket and stuck it in the lock. I heared the click and pushed open the door.

I was flooded by memories, happening here. All the time I spent blocking it out. I just, couldn't anymore...

The coat still hanging on the rack. A purse. A set of car keys. It looks like someone still lives here, only there was a layer of dust on the surfaces and dust flying in the air. I brought in the boxes I had set down outside, in and shut the door behind me. I sighed trying to hold beck the tears. It had been a year but it still was too much. I loved her, so, so, much. I still do. I just wish she could be here now. I could almost see it. Us sitting on the couch watching the TV, maybe even a kid bouncing on her knee. We would be a family.

I finally feel a tear fall down my cheek. I wipe it off and take the boxes to our bedroom. I began taking everything and anything that reminds me of her. I take the picture of us, standing on a cliff the sun starting to set. Her hair was in a ponytail and her eyes. My god how I missed waking up and seeing her e/c eyes right back at me. I put the picture in one of the boxes and set it to the left of the bed. I take some of her favorite books that she read over and over and over she even read them to me. I smiled remembering when she came bounding down the stairs, book in hand, smiling.
---------------------------------------------------
"Niaaaalll." Y/n said smiling down at me from the steps.
"Yes my dahling." I said jokingly putting a hand on my hip and jutting my side out like I was gay. She giggled.
"Oh my god! Haha. Niall, look!" I noticed the book she was holding. 'Moby Dick'
"This is, by far, my favorite book EVER!" She said hopping off the last step and showing the book to me. I laughed, smiling at her.
"You're so adorable when you're excited." I poked her nose. She scrunched up her nose and stuck her tongue out at me, her eyes squinted.
"Come on Niall, read it with me." She pulled on my hand and sat down on the couch, patting the space next to her. I sat down as she cracked open the book and began.
"Call me Ishmael-"
It took us a couple of weeks but we finished it. Every night we'd sit down and read a couple of chapters. I never got bored. Nothing could be boring with y/n.
---------------------------------------------------
I smiled and shook my head. The younger me was so...how do I put this? Inexperienced. I didn't know how to handle the love of my life. I had never loved so much, never cared so much, and never, ever, wanted ANYTHING else. Y/n was perfect. She was the right person. She listened. She understood. She didn't judge. And she never laughed at me, only with me. She took the time to get to know me. And she never took advantage of me.

I sighed dropping the book in the box. I wanted to go back. Change everything. I prayed every night, hoping, somehow, she would come back to me. I spotted a necklace out of the corner of my eye. I walked over to it and picked it up. It was on the jewelery rack she kept on the dresser. I remember it so clearly now. We were supposed to go on a date. She had laid out her beautiful red dress and a necklace and a matching pair of earrings. I looked on the other side of the dresser and saw the dress. Still, it was laid out perfectly, a layer of dust coating it. I smiled remembering what always happened when the dress came off. I placed the necklace on the dress and carefully took both of them to a box and set them down. But the earrings. Where were they? I searched the dresser, thought the drawers on top, underneath, beside the dresser. I couldn't find them anywhere. I wanted those earrings. I wanted to have anything that reminded me of her. In the beginning, I tried to forget about her. But, have you ever found the perfect person? You can't forget them. I kept looking for the damn earrings. Now, I was just a mess, I was tearing the room apart trying g to find them. I still couldn't. I gave up, sitting in a ball against the wall. I dug my face into my my knees and cried. I cried hard, where I couldn't feel my face anymore.