Chapter 9- Jealousy & Just friends

"Hey Princess. Did you miss me?" Ryder whispered.

"More than you know, Ry." I cried happily. "Wait, how did you know where I lived?"

"Your mom actually called me. She said that you missed me and that you needed me here." His said with his face still buried into my neck. My body shivered in delight at the tingles in my body.

I pulled back and my eyebrows shot up in confusion. "She did?" He nodded distractedly.

My mom cleared her throat behind me. I immediately jumped down and Ryder groaned slightly. I turned towards my mother and he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and rested his head on my shoulder. My mom looked at me with a mixture of proudness and question. "Well, you're just full of surprises today, aren't you?" I continued.

She shrugged her shoulders. I walked up to her and hugged her. "Im glad that you're happy again, but please be careful. I'm too young to become a grandmother."

"Mooommm........" She laughed at my response and disappeared into her room.

I felt a tug at the bottom of my dress. Tyler stood at my feet with a wide, proud smile. "Cammie, I want to show you my new song."

"Okay. Little buddy." Tyler grabbed my left hand while Ryder held onto my right.

We walked downstairs to my piano room. I felt Ryder's shock ripple off of him when he saw the room. "Cammie, I kind of need your help. It's supposed to be a two person song." Tyler looked at me sheepishly as she spoke.

"Of course, Ty. I would love to." Ryder pouted when I dropped his hand sat next to Tyler.

"The sheetmusic has the notes and words on it. Can you please sing the words too? I love your voice."

I blushed slightly and smiled at his compliment. "I'll try, but it's been awhile."

We placed our hands on the keys and began to play 'More Than A Band' from the movie Lemonade Mouth. It has always been his favorite movie.

Lyrics
I can't pretend
To know how you feel
But know that I'm here
Know that I'm real

Say what you want
Or don't talk at all
Not gonna let you fall

Reach for my hand
'Cause it's held out to you
My shoulders are small
But you can cry on them too

Everything changes
But one thing is true
Understand
We'll always be more than a band

Yeah yeah yeah yeah

You used to brave the world
All on your own
Now we won't let you go
Go it alone

Be who you wanna be
Always stand tall
Not gonna let you fall

Reach for my hand
'Cause it's held out for you
My shoulders are strong
But you can cry on them too

Everything changes
But one thing is true
Understand
We'll always be more than a band

I never knew you could take me so far
I've always wanted the hope that you are
The ones I need

Reach for my hand
'Cause it's held out for you
My shoulders are strong
But you can cry on them too

Everything changes
But one thing is true
Understand
We'll always be more than a band

Reach for my hand
'Cause it's held out for you
My shoulders are strong
But you can cry on them too

Everything changes
But one thing is true
Understand
We'll always be more than a band

We finished the song beautifully. My voice followed the tune, even though I haven't sang it in ages. As I pressed the closing note, I looked over at Tyler to see his little blue eyes glowing with admiration.

"Can you please do another one, Cammiebear?" Tyler asked with a deep, adorable pout. I looked over at Ryder who looked too shocked to answer.

"Okay. Okay." I began searching my mind for a song when an idea popped into my head. "Oh. I haven't played this one in a long time."

My fingers began playing to the tune of "Roses" by James Arthur.

(A/N i was going to put the lyrics but i didnt lol)

I ended the second song I played for the night. When I turned around to face Tyler, he hugged me tightly and thanked me. His mom called him to leave moments later. He waved goodbye to me and rushed up the stairs. I turned my attention to Ryder to find that he was already staring at me.

"Stare much?" I teased.

"Only at things worth staring at," he winked, "I didn't know that you could sing."

"I have many things that you don't know about me," I winked at him as I passed him. "Come on, I'll show you where you're sleeping."

He raised his eyebrows suggestively at my words. I rolled my eyes at him and continued to walk upstairs. Ryder followed me quietly. Mom and Thomas were nowhere to be found once we reached the main level. Ryder grabbed his bags from the door. He followed me up to my room, and set down. He peered at me with a puzzled look. I answered the question that was evident he was confused about.

"My mom said she figured that since we already share a room in college, it would be fine if we shared a room."

He nodded his head in response and sat on my king sized bed. For the first time today, I took notice of his appearance. His dark blonde, messy hair was covering his forehead. His outfit consisted of his signature black leather jacket, a white undershirt, and a pair of tight dark jeans. When I returned to the real world, Ryder was smirking at me.

"Now who's staring?" Ryder teased.

"Just checking out the competition. It didn't look to be anything to worry about." I smirked back.

"Oh mhmm. So, i'm not anything to worry about."

"Meh." He was now standing directly in front of me.

Ryder leaned down to my ear, and his breath tickled my ear as he spoke. "That's okay. You're cuter anyway."

"Well duh. Of course I am." I faked confidence with an eye roll and a flip of my hair; but inside, my stomach was churning and I was blushing profusely.

He looked down at me intensely. Then, he blinked widely and cleared his throat. "So, um... I uh.... do you have somewhere I could take a shower?"

"No, we wash ourselves in the kitchen sinks or we don't shower at all." I said with sarcasm. "Yes, we have a shower, dipshit."

I showed Ryder the bathroom that was in my brother's room and walked back to my own shower. Before I took a shower, I took off my beautiful makeup. When I stepped out of the shower, I threw on a pair of leggings and a maroon muscle tee. Ryder was laying on my bed. He had on a pair of dark blue sweatpants with a black muscle tee. His hands were clasped behind his head and his eyes were closed. Once I pulled the bathroom door closed, his eyes fluttered open. He smiled brightly as I sat down on my bed. I grabbed the t.v. remote, and I turned on Netflix. After searching through the movies, I settled on The Little Mermaid. Ryder groaned when he saw my selection. I looked at him with an extremely wide smile, but he was already looking at me. He moved his hands from behind his head an adjusted. He picked me up by my waist and placed me between his legs. My head was now leaned against his chest. His fingers began playing with my hair, and my smile widened.

---------------------------------------------

Hey guys so sorry! i got distracted but i have the next two chapters, I just have to type them.

Hey guys!! Can we get to 50 votes for the next chapter?
QOTC: When do you have spring break?

A: 16 days!!!!!!

Until next time guys,

Kisses
--A

Word count: 1,332