Chapter 2: Beauty of Ruby Falls

Chapter 2

(7:00 A.M.)

Jonah? Jonah? Wakey wakey son!” said my mother opening the window to let in the summer breeze.

Oh mom, 5 more minutes mom well just to be safe give me an hour!” I said pulling my blanket back on me.

Oh no son I don’t care were you go, you just have to get the heck out of here!” she said jumping on my bed.

Yeah bro! We have to take Kari out! Shes been in the boat house for so long! She needs to stretch her legs!” my sister said walking in.

Yeah about that? When are we going to get rid of her?” I said looking moody.

Well Jonah! She's our guest and she will stay here as long as she likes!” said my mother getting angry.

Well I wasn’t the one who put her in the ruby so shes not my problem!”

Yeah but it was your shovel that gave her a concussion!” mom said giving me a smug look.

OK point taken!” I said finding the courage to get out of bed.

As I walked out with Kari's breakfast I completely stopped when I seen John walk by! He gave me a sinister look that filled me with anger!

How ya doing half breed?” he said staring at me.

Oh I’m good and you.....!” I said being cut off by my sister.

Oh come on brother! Hes so weak that hes not even important enough to talk to!” she said killing john's mood.

Oh Jenovah! Your nasty attitude is so hot! If you were pure blood than I would differently get with that!” he said.

Oh really than hows this!” Jenovah said as she punched him so hard in the face.

Jenovah's punch was so hard that it caused john to fall to the floor. He then got up and walked away defeated by a powerless girl.

You know its weird that my sister has no power yet but she still defeated you with one punch!” I said.

well Jonah I can take you so that's worse because you got beat by a boy who got beat by a girl!” he said not showing much pride.

Yeah true but that's my sister so I understand!” I said still laughing at him.

After we walked away from John, we noticed that Kari was watching us from the bushes. We then grabbed her and quickly took her to the back gate of the village.

Hey guys! Sorry I left the boat house without you guys being there!” she said picking herself up.

What were you thinking you stupid girl! You could have been discovered!” I said angrily.

Hey Jonah! She said she was sorry!” my sister said protecting her.

Anyway! Jonah? You said back there that your sister is powerless but I thought you said she was an ominous phantom!” she said.

Oh so you were ease dropping too?” I said getting mad.

Oh Kari, we don’t get our powers till we get Lorian's soul energy! It unlocks our powers! But all ominous phantoms start out with no powers!” she said answering her question.