16. Caught In The Act, Again

I've been spending more time with Nick's group as the days went past. There was something exciting about hanging with them, knowing that they were dissaproved on by the rest of the school. It was a thrill really, the looks that people gave me when I waltz into class and head to the back to sit alongside Nick, Tony or Beau. I've been spending less time with Justin and I'm not sure if he was bothered or not. 

The bell rang for the final period of the day; Literature class with Vic. I knew I had to go to this class as I've already missed the last five. If I miss anymore, I'll have to talk to the English teacher or the senior co-ordinator and I really didn't want to see either of them. I've been skipping some English classes as well. I entered the class five minutes late. It wasn't my fault as my previous class was on the other side of the school and I had to navigate my way through the crowds of students. 

"You're late." Vic's voice said, as I made my way to the back of the class. I didn't reply and smiled at Tony and Nick sitting at the back. I sat on the empty seat on the side next to Nick. I looked up at Vic who was looking at me dissaprovingly. "I see you're finally attending my classes after missing the last few?" Vic began in an unfriendly voice. "What seemed to be the problem?"

I stared at him unnervingly as he looked at me squarely in the eye. I could see everyone else in the class looking at me as well, enjoying the mid-class entertainment. "No problem." I replied calmly. "It's strange, all of a sudden you want to talk to me after you ended our last conversation." His faced turned nervous as I brought up this topic.

He looked at me nervously and replied, "Well if you want to talk about that, we can after class."

I scoffed. "There's no way that I'm interested, in bringing up that conversation," I said, pausing after the word 'interested'. His face fell and it seemed like he regretted causing a scene in class. What was his problem anyways? All of a sudden he talks to me and when he does it's naming and shaming in front of the class. The class continued and Vic didn't even glance at me one bit. He was so hard to read.

After class we all headed back to Nick and Tony's room. As usual the room was filled with smoke when we entered. Beau sat on the bed on the right and smirked as he saw us.

"How was class?" he asked us.

"You didn't go to last period?" Nick asked as he swung his bag to the ground.

"I had gym, of courseI skipped."

Tony took a seat on his own bed and I sat on the end of Nick's bed. Nick sat down next to me, and when I mean next to me, I meant that he sat with his body pressed onto mine. There was so much room on the bed and he decided to practically sit on me. I don't know if Tony or Beau noticed because it just looked like we were sitting really close together. And besides they were both stoned. 

"You know Mr Fuentes talked to me at lunch?" Beau said. Tony randomly cackled extremely loudly and took another huff of his joint.

"Did he?" Nick asked.

"It was so funny." Beau responded. "He didn't know who wrecked his car and he assumed it was me."

"Fucking blind ass mexican." Nick laughed. Guilt filled me as I remembered the look of hurt he gave me. He probably assumed it was me, no wonder he was so pissed earlier. But he knew that I wouldn't do such a drastic thing. I didn't notice but Nick had placed his hand on my thigh. I stared at it for five seconds and he began to rub his hand up and down. I looked up at Nick in confusion but he was talking to Beau about something. His hand was out of view from Beau, and Tony was in his own little world.

After an hour I decided to go back to my own room. I placed Nick's hand off my thigh and stood up. He smiled at me knowingly and I ignored it. He spent the hour not talking to me, only touching me there. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." I said.