Chapter 5 cont....-After party

Start from the beginning

No reason? He has got to be kidding right? I study him for a moment, taking in his dark messy hair, light eyes, strong jaw. He is wearing a simple white V-neck with short sleeves to show his toned arms with dark jeans. And he never looked so good. But he really is dumb, and I’m tired of holding everything in.

"You really don’t think I have a reason to knock out Ashley? Ha! The whole damn school probably has a reason to punch that girl. Oh and she has kind of tortured me since elementary so there you go, pick a reason." I turn away in the direction of my house walking at a near jogging speed.

I get all of 10 feet away when I hear him running up behind me. In the next second I slam face first into what feels like a brick wall. I step back to look at what I so stupidly ran into and it's Christian in front of me. I know I heard him behind, so how did he get in front of me so quickly?

"Treasure I-I” he stammers while grabbing the back of his neck. I watch him closely waiting for him to say something but no words come. He looks down shaking his head slowly side to side obviously having an internal conversation. And here I thought it was me who flew over the coo coo’s nest. When he finally meets my eyes I gasp slightly at the intensity in them, locking on the one emotion I’m sure I saw; guilt. As quickly as it is there it’s gone replaced by his perfect poker face.

“Look let me walk you home” he asks me nicely. Something tells me this isn’t what he really wanted to say but what did I expect him to tell me that the kiss meant something? Yeah right my life is not a romantic comedy or else it would be raining while Christian was down on one knee confessing his undying love to me.

The random thought caused me to chuckle slightly to myself when I catch Christian giving me a weird look “What are you laughing at?” he says suspiciously. Oopps! I mentally slap myself for once again looking crazy

“Oh uh nothing” I shrug “And you can walk with me if you want” I add as I walk past him once again to my house.

The walk to my house is a silent one, which I’m thankful for considering my night. I feel my phone vibrate on my chest and casually pull it out from its secure location to see who it was. Christian stops walking to give me an overly curious glance.

“What I had to put it somewhere?” I say with a smirk. Unlocking my phone to a text from Mimi demanding to know where I disappeared to. I am in no mood to explain so I tell her to call me tomorrow and I will fill her in. 

We stop in front of my house a little awkwardly as I watch Christian open and close his mouth three times. Geez Romeo here sure has a way with words. He is making this really confusing scrunch face almost as if he is thinking of something to say. There really are no words for this disastrous night. What a waste of a hot outfit.

Not really wanting to stand here all night I make a conscious decision to end his misery. “Thanks for the walk Christian. I’m going to head inside now it’s been a long night” I finished with an awkward roll of my shoulders.

We search each other’s eyes for a moment before he nods his head in agreement. Neither of us have words so I turn to walk into my casa (house) without any more hesitation. What a long but in reality short night.

Walking into the dark house I hear a loud thud coming from the living room. I swiftly flip on the light switch to a beet red Ali on the floor, hands covering her face. To the left of her on the couch sits a guilty smiling Ken. These two are like wild animals. I stifle a chuckle as Ali removes her hands from her face.

“So? What you guys up to?” I ask unsuccessfully hiding my smile

“T! You scared me and I fell off the couch is all” Ali said in her serious voice finally sitting up

This story would be logical if her lips weren’t swollen from kissing and Ken’s shirt wasn’t unbuttoned. Should I point this out to her? Hmm maybe not, honestly I’m glad he is here making my sister happy and not at the party hooking up with Ashley. Ugh the party. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

I turn my attention to Al and Ken back on the couch snuggling. They look so cute; Ken is whispering in her ear while Ali giggles like a schoolgirl. Feeling as if I’m being a weird creepy voyeur I salute them and head upstairs.

Entering our room I am hit with the smell of hair spray and perfume. The millions of clothes we went through only hours earlier are still all over my floor and bed. I crack open the window then turn on the table lamp. This room is a mess. Oh well I can clean it later. Right now I just want to lie down and forget this night.

The clock on the dresser makes me aware it’s only thirty five minutes until midnight. Instead of using the latter to reach my bed I simply crouch down and jump up, landing gracefully on my mattress. It’s a nice little trick that I never do in front of anyone because I am already strange enough without it.

I start throwing the clothes off my bed in search of my blanket when I see the old journal from my parent’s room. Hmm I forgot about this. I pick it up examining the front and back covers. Finally I flip open the front page hoping to find out who it belongs to. My heart sinks into my stomach when I read the name on the inside covers.

“Property of Gary J. Reed” placing my hands over my mouth to hold in the sob threating to escape, I put the journal down. My dad, that’s my dad’s personal book. I remember him writing a lot as a kid but he was a scientist so of course he wrote.

The tears silently fell from my eyes as I stared at the journal. Should I read it? Would he want me to? I miss him so much it physically hurts sometimes. I let out a huge sigh and with my very shaky hands reach for worn out journal again.

I hold it to my chest for a moment relaxing at the feel of having something of my fathers. I slowly open it to the first page just looking over my dad’s small fine print without reading anything. All of a sudden the date on the first page catches my eye; August 10th 1995, my birthday. His first entry was on the day I was born, but why?

If I had doubts about reading this they are washed away when I read the next lines from my dad….

“Treasure my amazing and equally beautiful daughter; I am keeping this journal for you. There are things you are too young to understand right now so on your sixteenth birthday I will give you this to help. Always know that I love you with all my heart. I only ask that you not be angry when you find truth because as a wise woman once told me all these things were meant to happen. Its destiny my dear your destiny….”

I use the back of my hand to wipe away the tears still falling down my face. What is he talking about? My heart is beating so fast and I get the feeling after I read this journal my life will change forever. So the question is do I read it or put it back where I found it? I am so lost. I jump down from my bed with journal in hand and pace my room. Decisions, decisions.

For some reason I absentmindedly scroll to the window. Pulling the soft yellow curtains aside my gaze immediately goes to the sky; the full moon. It was then that I knew I had to read the journal. Summoning my last bit of courage I open the page and begin reading my dad’s entry. This first line reads………… “Is there supposed to be this much blood…….”   

A/N: Okay so its not that long but now we are getting to the good stuff. So the journal is going to bring everything for the prolouge back into prespective. Yay right? I love the word yay for some reason random I know. Comments and votes always welcomed :) And next upload in from Christian pov!!!!!!!!