Chapter 5

He smiled and laid down on his back. I looked at him."So, tomorrow do you want to do something?" Loki gave me a funny look."Depends on what it is." I smiled."I don't know!! Maybe go for a walk somewhere or...i don't know."

Loki looked at me."Ok then." I giggled and gently slapped his leg."Alrighty! I'll see you in the morning."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of a smoke detector going off. My heart started to race and i jumped out of bed. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I saw Loki crouched on the floor covering his ears. There was a little bit of smoke.

I saw that there was a flame on the stove. There was some kind of...thing on it burning."Shit!!" I grabbed a glass of water and put out the fire. I grabbed a chair and reached up for the alarm, quickly turning it off.

I sighed and placed my hands on my hips. Loki slowly removed his hands from his ears.

"What was that!!!!" I looked at him."Smoke detector." I got off the chair and put it back. Loki was looking up at it."Stupid...loud noise thingy!!! Almost gave me a heart attack!!!!"

I opened the kitchen window and waved the smoke away. I looked at the black thing on the stove."What the hell were you cooking!?" He shrugged and leaned against the bench."I don't know what it was." I scoffed."Well thats great." He smiled."I know right!!" I gave him a funny look and shook my head.

"Your so strange. What happened to being mean to me?" "Well...because your a lady, i shouldn't be mean to you or hit you so...i'll treat you how you should be treated." I smiled."Great."

I herd Loki's tummy grumble. I giggled."How about we go somewhere for breakfast?" He smiled."Yes!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We sat down at the place where me and Alyssa usually go out.

Loki looked around."Fancy." I smiled."Yea." He looked back at me."But it's not as good as Asgard." I frowned."Riiiight."

"So uh...because i'm prince of Asgard, why isn't my food here in front of me already? I mean...helloooo i'm hungry!!" I leaned forward."Shhhh, keep your voice down. No need to be so rude." He crossed his arms and whispered "where is my food?" I rolled my eyes."We need to order it."

After a few minutes of Loki being a drama queen, we finally ordered. Loki stared out the window at all the busy traffic.

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I quickly looked up and smiled."Kate! Wow you look great!" I giggled."And you too!" Loki whipped his head around to see who i was talking to. The man smiled."How are you?" "I'm good thank you. You?" He nodded."I'm great!!" He looked at Loki."Got a boyfriend?" I stopped smiling."No no no! He's um...he's just a friend."

I grabbed his arm."How about you?" He laughed and placed his hand on top of mine. I could see Loki looking at our hands.

"Nah i'm still single!" I herd one of the ladies call out someones name. He looked up at her."Oh, thats me!! It was nice to see you again, Kate." He then walked off.

I looked at Loki. Before he got to ask i told him."He's just an old friend." He nodded."It looked like it." I frowned."What's gotten into you?" He frowned as well."Nothing. It's just-."

I cut him off."Why do you care?" Ok now he looked angry."I don't care!! I was just wondering!!" I'm surprised no one herd him yell at me. A man came and placed our food in front of us. I looked at him."Thank you." I started to eat quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had finished a few minutes ago and stood out the front of the shop. That whole time, we were silent.

I looked up at Loki and he looked away from me, slightly turning his back to me.I sighed and started walking to the park that was across the street.

As soon as i stood on the grass Loki ran to my side. I kept walking.

Everything was so quiet and peaceful."Listen Kate, i'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you." I shoved my hands in my pockets."I thought you said your gonna treat me how a woman should be treated." He smiled."I did." "Then why are you still such an asshole." He chuckled.

I stopped and looked at him."What?" He shook his head."Asshole. Such an interesting word...yet...if your supposed to be insulting me or hurting my feelings...it's not working." I laughed."Ok then."

He looked around."Shall we sit somewhere?" I nodded and ran over to a seat that was under a tall tree. I sat down and looked at Loki. He stood there looking at me. I smiled and pattered the seat beside me.

He walked over and looked at the empty space beside me."C'mon, i won't bite." He smiled."How do i know your not telling a lie." I grabbed his hand and pulled him onto the seat. We both laughed.

I smiled."Ok now i can finally bite you!" I pretended to bite his shoulder. He just sat there staring at me."You would never bite me." I giggled."True."

After a few minutes of silence i saw a cute little bird i had never seen before. I guess i got a bit too excited about it.

I gasped."Look!!" I sat up and straight away, without thinking, my hands went to Loki's thigh."Look at that bird!!" We both realised where my hands were.

I quickly pulled them away and sat there quietly. Loki chuckled."All of that, just over a tiny little bird." I giggled."Sorry. I really like birds." He laughed.

I leaned back."I hope i didn't make you uncomfortable." He shook his head."You didn't." Suddenly his eyes stopped on something and he smiled again."Hey, whats that?"

I turned around and saw what he was looking at."Oh, it's just where you can get a cold drink". He quickly stood up."Let's go get one!!" Before i got to say anything, Loki grabbed my arm and was pulling me along. We got to the food van and bought two cold drinks.

We started walking again. Loki smiled."This is nice!" I smiled too. We walked for a few minutes in silence.

Loki decided to be stupid. He smiled and pointed behind me."Hey it's that bird again!!!" I got a 'bit too excited' again and spun around. Now, for Loki, it was supposed to be funny but it ended up being the other way around.

I spun around too fast and knocked my drink on Loki. It went all the way down the front of him.

"Kate!!!" My mouth hung open."I am so sorry!!" He stood there looking at his wet clothes. I couldn't help but laugh.

It suddenly just came out of me and i couldn't control it. I started to cry because i was laughing that hard. After a few seconds i realised Loki was smiling at me.

I stopped laughing."Your laugh is amazing." I smiled."Thanks. No one has ever said that." He kept smiling."Well they have now." I giggled."Yeah."

I looked at Loki's wet top. "We better head back home now."