"taetae!" jungkook jumps up, acting like he has no idea what's going through his boyfriends head. he runs over to him and hugs taehyung tightly.

the older boy tenses, but tries to act like nothing's wrong. jungkook then grabs his hand, intertwining their fingers with a smile as his stomach feels all fuzzy inside. he really does love this boy.

he pulls taehyung to the kitchen, where everyone else is now gathered, immersed in conversation-- or three helpings of kimchi if you're jimin. taehyung raises his eyebrow at the birthday boy, trying not to laugh as his elder 95-liner attempts to shove another bite into his mouth.

"wha? seo-jin hyum maes gooh gimsee!" jimin mumbles around the food in his mouth. taehyung just laughs, slipping his hand out of jungkook's to go try some.

jungkook frowns at the loss of warmth in his hand, but he let's his boyfriend go.

"so? maybe i do like food more than i like you! why does that matter?" jin yells.

"because i'm your boyfriend! does pizza make you cu--"

"okay okay, there are children present," yoongi interrupts, covering jungkook's ears. the maknae pushes yoongi away, glaring.

"okay! cake time!" jin announces.

"oh, so now you're choosing cake to avoid my question?" namjoon scoffs

seokjin just rolls his eyes, and jimin brings over the cake. they sing to him and he blows out the candles, wishing for all of yoongi's love (and maybe more).

then they all gather around in the living room for jimin to open their gifts. he open's taehyung's first, so that he can see him open it before plan A sets into motion. he smiles at the younger boy and holds up a sweater.

"t-tae! this is fucking gucci! what the hell?!" jimin shouts, tackling taehyung in a hug.

"anything for you, jimin. you've become my best friend in the whole world in such a short time. i appreciate you more than you know," taehyung smiles warmly.

jimin feels tears well up in his eyes and he blinks them back. he thanks the younger boy profusely and sits back in his spot to open the remainder of his gifts. he winks at jungkook, and the maknae whispers in taehyung's ear.

jimin can see the hesitation in taehyung's nature before the boy nods and the couple stand up. they exit the room and go down the hall to the guest room.

("just please don't end this in make-up sex. if so, tell me before it happens and do it in my mom's old room, please and thank you."

"don't worry chim, we aren't at that stage yet."

"yeah, yet. just don't do it on my bed and let the rest of us leave the house beforehand, okay?")

"where are they going?" seokjin asks.

"to work some things out," jimin shrugs. "now, this one is from the kim hyungs!" he exitedly unwraps the gift and laughs confusedly when he sees what's inside. "um, hyung? what... what is this?" he asks, looking to jin.

"it's a painting of me! jeez, you people have no taste in art," seokjin rolls his eyes, slumping against namjoon.

"babe, give him the real gift," namjoon pleads. yoongi takes the picture out of jimin's hands and throws it on the floor, hoping it broke at least a little. seokjin scoffs, "hey! be careful! that is the most beautiful painting you'll ever see! there's nothing else like it!"

"oh shush, hyung, you're sitting right in front of me, why do i need a framed version on my wall?" jimin asks, batting his eyelashes innocently.

"this is why i like you the most. also, it's for when i'm not here, you can walk by this beautiful face and stare in awe everyday," seokjin places his palm under his chin fir emphasis.