Chapter two ~ Stop Staring at My Arse!

Dedicated to Katlove96 for encouraging me to continue :)

Chapter Two

Stop Staring At My Arse!

            Sirius and Adalyn had talked long into the night, yet there was so much still to cover. Sirius showed his daughter a room on the first floor, with a window that was almost entirely covered in the scraggly black branches of a tree. There was only one bed, a dresser and a wardrobe full of old dresses that smelled of moth balls.

“It’s not much,” Sirius said, leaning against the door “But we can always give it another good dust. Oh, and don’t open the dresser; I’m pretty sure that the giant spiders decided to use it as their nest.”

“Great,” Adalyn sat on down on the bed, only to have a cloud of dust rise “This is great.”

“Do you have any bags?” he asked, taking in her scarce appearance “If you don’t have any clothes, I’m sure there’re some dresses in the wardrobe that’ll fit you…”

Adalyn snorted “I haven’t worn a dress in ages; I have plenty, but they’re not really my thing.”

“I feel the same about dress robes, or any robes.” Laughed Sirius “To hard to run away in.”

“You read my mind.” It felt strange to smile at the man she’d hated all her life, but it also felt…good.

“So, how long are you planning to stay?”

She shrugged “I don’t know, as long as it takes to understand.”

He nodded “Alright, well…make yourself at home. Molly will be up in a few minuets with some bed stuff and a candle; she wants to make you feel at home.”

“We’ll see.” Adalyn said, eyes drifting over the room.

“Goodnight Adalyn,” Sirius whispered, closing the door softly on his daughter.

            “Fred, you git, give that back!” Ginny cried, trying to take her mail back from one of her brothers, blushing scarlet as she tried to reach to the height Fred held the parchment above her head.

“Fred, give that back. Ginny, keep it down, it’s late!” Molly bustled around her children and their guests, asking questions –‘is anyone hungry? How was school, I hope you didn’t make to much trouble Fred, George. Ginny, where are your school books?’- and just fussing over everything. Tonks followed the gang in, knocking over the troll leg umbrella stand, making the umbrellas pop open and float to the ceiling as if filled with helium.

“Sorry Sirius, you know I can’t help but knock that stupid thing over.” Apologized Tonks sheepishly.

Sirius sighed tiredly; he and Adalyn had talked for hours since she’d arrived that afternoon, and he was drained from the experience. Giving his God Son a hug, he smiled; it was so good to see Harry again, smiling and happy about being on holiday. “Alright boys, you know the room.” He said, motioning to the stairs.

“Come down for a spot of supper, alright?” Molly said to the kids, who were already heading to their rooms to put their trunks away. “Sirius, when are we going to tell them…about, you known…?”

“Tell us what?” Fred and George asked, looking down at their mother curiously.

“Nothing, dear.” Said Molly hurriedly, taking the basement stairs to the kitchen.

The twins shrugged and followed the rest of Sirius’s guest up the stairs, stopping at the landing “Mum has a secret,” said George.

“And we’re going to find out what it is!” finished Fred.