Movie Nights and Moving

Mulai dari awal

"Eat up!" Izzy calls as she places a few boxes on the coffee table. Simon and Jace waste no time, popping one open and putting pieces on plates. I glance down at Magnus as he stretches, his arms arching up close to my face. With a sigh, he lets the back of his hand dust across my jaw bone, smiling up at me before propping himself up. The simple touch sends sheer fire through my veins and I take a moment to collect myself before grabbing my own food. We finish the movie, stuffing our faces and making snarky comments. I find myself content here, surrounded by family, friends, and Magnus. 

"Come by again soon, you guys!" Simon calls as he leads us to the door. I watch Clary, Izzy and Jace slide into Jace's jet black car and wave softly as they drive away. Magnus promises Simon we'll come back very soon before the limo pulls up. I can practically see Simon's jaw hit the floor. 

"You ride in style huh?" Simon asks breathlessly, eyes roaming across the sleek black exterior. Magnus chuckles softly and weaves his hand into mine. 

"Nothing but the best for my Alexander." My heart nearly stops at his tone and choice of words. Simon smiles brightly and claps Magnus on the shoulder. 

"Good. He deserves that." With that, we head down to the limo, the driver opening up the door for us. I thank him and slide in, finding myself exhausted suddenly now that the day is coming to an end. It's a bit of a drive back to my apartment, so I let my head rest against Magnus' shoulder, humming in contentment as his hand rubs soothingly up and down my arm. After a moment of silence, I peek up at him, seeing his face glowing in the neon lights from the various buildings we pass. 

"Magnus?" He hums in reply as he turns back to face me. "What are we? I know that sounds so cliche I just-" He cuts me off, his warm lips passing over mine and escaping all too quickly. 

"I want to be yours, and you to be mine. If that's alright with you, Alexander." My heart swells and I can feel the resulting heat flush my cheeks. Nuzzling into his chest to hide them, I nod, not even fighting the smile that tugs my cheeks up. 

"That's perfect with me, Bane." We arrive at my apartment not long after, my eyes drooping and my heart heavy. I really don't want to go back to this place every night. This drab, dusty, uncomfortable apartment that pales in comparison to the life I seem to have gotten myself into. 

Magnus POV

      We arrive at Alexander's apartment and I can feel the mood shift. I frown but hide the expression, cupping his chin in the palm of my hand and looking at him. 

"Alexander, may I come inside?" His eyes widen and he looks terrified. I furrow my brows and drop my hand, wondering what I've done wrong to entice such a strong reaction. 

"I-it's a real mess right now, Magnus, it's just not a good time..." He uses my first name, which in this case, means something's definitely wrong. He fades off and breaks my gaze, looking anywhere but at me. 

"Alexander...do you not like your home?" I can always see right through him, can tell when something is bothering him that he doesn't want to share. Normally, I know when to step off and let it go, but this time it really worries me. 

"No it's just...yeah I guess. And it's not something I want to share with you. It's not good enough for you, Magnus." I smooth my hand down his shoulder in a feeble attempt to soothe him, knowing very well it's not working. "It's much like I am." He mumbles under his breath and the 5 words are enough to effectively shatter my heart. I pull him to my chest, nuzzling my nose underneath his jaw and shaking my head profusely. 

"No, absolutely not Alexander. I won't let you compare yourself to a stupid apartment, I won't let you underestimate your worth to me. Not now, not ever. Come, we'll spend the night at my house again." He shakes his head, I can feel his chin brush over the top of my own head.