Chapter 1- Songwriting and The Food Pact

Chapter One

Kinsley

My hands are shaking because I'm nervous to meet the other boys from One Direction. Even famous people get nervous about meeting their idols, even if your best friend is also best friends with them. Niall opened the door and all of them are on the couch having a Mario cart war.

"Oh no you didn't Zayn. It's on like Donkey King!" Liam exclaimed, making me and Niall laugh.

They all jumped and paused the game, making us laugh harder.

"Holy crap, when did you two get here?" Harry asked, giving us a stranger look.

"Just now," I said.

"Guys, this is Kinsley," Niall said, smiling and gesturing over to me.

"Hi," I said shyly.

"Hey Kinsley, I'm Liam.

"Zayn."

"Harry."

"Louis!" He cheered. "We know a lot about you, Niall never stops talking about you."

"Really now," I said, raising my eyebrows at Niall. I didn't realize he talked about me to them.

"Um yeah," he said, scratching the back of his neck and looked at me innocently.

"You're so cute," I said, pinching his cheeks.

"We seriously can not stop listening to you belong with me," Zayn said.

"Thanks! I'm working on my album and I actually recorded the first song today. I love Up All Night." I said smiling at him.

"Thanks!" They all chorused.

That was when I got a song idea. Song ideas come to be at the most random moments, and it's kinda crazy.

"Niall, can I have some paper and a pencil?" I asked and he nodded.

"Sure, what do you need it for?" he questioned. 

"I got an amazing song idea," I said.

"Here," he said, hanging me the paper and pencil.

I wrote down all the lyrics in about ten minutes, drowing out the guys conversation. Everyone tells me it's a major talent being able to write amazing songs as fast as I do.

"You know Niall, she's just like you," I heard Harry say.

"Well duh, she's my best friend." Niall said and I could hear him smiling while saying it.

 I smiled at my paper re-reading the lyrics. Perfect.

"Hey Niall, can I borrow your guitar?" I asked him and he nodded. 

"Whoa now, you must be special. Niall never lets us touch his guitar," Liam said.

Niall brought back his guitar and handed it to me. I shrugged and smiled. I played the chords and sang the lyrics in my head. "Perfect!" I squealed and they all chuckled at me.

"Can we hear it?" Louis asked.

"Um, sure." I said, "It's called today was a fairy tail." I started strumming the chords.

"Today was a fairytale

you were the prince

I used to be a damsel in distress

You took me by the hand and you picked me up at six

Today was a fairytale

I wore a dress

You wore a dark grey t-shirt

You told me I was pretty

When I looked like a mess

Today was a fairytale

Time slows down

Whenever you're around

...

Today was a fairytale." I finished the song and they all cheered.

"That was amazing!" Zayn exclaimed. "You have a beautiful voice."

"Thanks," I beamed. We all sat and talked for a while but it seemed like Harry was being distant. I got this strange vibe about him. "Niall, I'm hungry." I said pulling on his arm.

"Gosh, are you two long lost twins?" Zayn asked and I giggled.

"Nah, just best friends," I said nudging Niall and he smiled at me.

"Let's order pizza!" Louis shouted.

Niall and I turned to look at each other at the same time. "Extra large steak mushroom and pepperoni!" We both yelled at the same time, smiling at each other.

"That's just for us," Niall said pointing to me and him.

"Can we share with you guys?" Liam asked.

"No!" We both shouted.

"I only share my food with Niall," I said, wrapping my arm around his shoulder.

"And I only share my food with Kinsley," he said, following my actions.

*****Flashback*****

"You know how we both love food?" Niall asked.

"Yup."

"We should make a pact that we only share our food with each other."

"We should!" I said.

"Handshake?" he asked and I nodded.

*****end of flashback*****

"You see, we made a pact when we were little to only share our food with each other!" I said smiling.

"That would explain why Niall never shares his food with anyone," Zayn replied.

Harry was still being quiet and distant for some reason, I wish he would just say something. I got out my phone to check the time, but I had a text.

From: Mom :)

Where are you?

Oh crap, I was supposed to meet them for dinner!

To: Mom :)

Sorry mom, Niall is here! I'm at his hotel. Meet me at my apartment in an hour?

From: Mom :)

Sure honey. I understand that you forgot, bring him with you! Oh and you can bring his friends too!

To: Mom :) 

ok see you at 8

I sent the text and turned to Niall. "I was supposed to meet my parents for dinner, but you know you kinds distracted me, anyways, do you guys want to come to my apartment for a little while?" I asked them.

"Yes!" They all yelled except for Harry who just stared at the floor like it was most fascinating thing in the world.

"Harry? Do you want to come?" I ask him.

"Huh? What? Oh yeah sure," he said looking at me.

There's something in his eyes I can't quite put my finger on. Something's definitely up.