Robbie and Sienna's Glorious Loss

Começar do início

"You want to go home?" I could see Robbie encouraging me to nod out of the corner of my eye.

"Yes, I have to go help Mom with dinner." He backed away, offering me his hand. I took it, thanking him with a nod.

"Then I will see you tomorrow, love?" I felt blush returning to my cheeks again. I don't think I've ever blushed as much in my life as I have today.

"Sure." Robbie grabbed my elbow without letting his cousin say goodbye, making sure to slam his front door shut behind us.

"Let go." I squirmed out of his grip and continued down his driveway after him.

"I didn't know you had a cousin." I stated, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, now you do." He gave me a small shrug, shoving his hands deep into his worn Levi's.

"He seems really sweet."

"Yeah." I stopped and whirled around to face Robbie.

"If you're not going to hold a full conversation with me, then go back to your house. I don't need you to walk me home, I'm not five." He shook his head, a laugh escaping him after a second.

"Obviously not. Then you wouldn't have agreed to let Ash take you to Homecoming." I threw my hands against my sides in exasperation.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Robbie? You sound like some sort of jealous boyfriend! You were the one that told me I shouldn't put myself down on a low level, and when I let myself break out, I get snapped at for that too." He grimaced at my response.

"Not with Ashton Carwright."

"Why not? He's actually reall nice and-"

"And he's only asking you out because he wants to sleep with you, Seinna! Jesus Christ, how dense are you?" Robbie finally broke out of his fractured shell for the first time in years, "Why would someone like him ever want to ask someone like you out if that weren't the case?" I stepped away, feeling a stinging in my chest.

What else had I expected from a Darling?

"You're an ass." I pointed my finger at him accusingly. I saw regret flash in his eyes as he grabbed my arm.

"I didn't mean that, Sienna. He-"

"Whatever, Robbie. Just leave me alone."

Why had I even left myself vulnerable to Robbie? He hadn't ever shown any intrest in me until recently, I had just been his neighbor and teammate. I knew how much all three boys hurt girls. I hadn't even been with any of them and Robbie had still managed to hurt me.

"Sienna, look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. I just-"

"Just what?" I paused for a second, letting my eyes search his for an acceptable answer to what he said.

He mumbled something so quietly under his breath that I barley caught it.

"What?" I asked, prompting him to say it louder.

"I don't want to see him hurt you, okay?" I was taken back by his answer. It hadn't been what I was expecting.

"Why? I'm just another girl, Robbie. What does it matter to you if Ashton is just with me for sex?" He shrugged, his eyes on the dark street under his feet.

"You're the only girl in school that can name off the entire periodic table in under two minutes and play a kickass game of COD a few hours later. I can't think of anyone that would be a cooler friend." He sighed, "I don't want to see him hurt you because you're still innocent, despite all the shit your father put you through. You still walk around in your robe and Ninja Turtle Pj's. You still have a Lilo and Stitch bra. I don't want someone like Ash taking that away."

I was too astonished by his words to say anything myself, so I only nodded.

"Thanks," I whispered, "for the heads up and what you just said. But I'm going to live my life the way I want to, Robbie." I replied, avoiding the desperate look in his eyes.

"You're smart enough to realize it's all a game to him, Sienna. You know how many girls he goes through on a weekly basis." I smiled weakly, shaking my head.

"Like you and your brothers are any better."

"You don't even know us, don't judge who we are." He growled defensively.

"Exactly."

"Exactly what? Sienna, you're better than him, that much I know. You deserve better. Why can't you just get that through your head?" I ran my hand over my braid, staring at the tip of it.

"Maybe it's because I was actually asked to Homecoming, Robbie. Do you know how long I've been waiting to be asked to a dance? I kept telling myself I didn't do them, that they were dumb. But I wanted to go, to feel like a Princess for a night."

"I could have taken you if you wanted to go, my brothers could have." I started to back away, laughing quietly.

"I'm sure you all have dates anyway." I said, "It would have to be a dare for-" I let the rest of my words die in my throat as everything finally started to sink in.

"Oh." I croaked, stumbling backwards.

"Sienna." I pushed Robbie's outstretched hand away.

"I'm fine. Just. . . just go home, Robbie. Thanks for telling me." I cleared my throat, swallowing the hurt and pain that had started to build in my chest.

"Sienna." He caught my arm, his dark eyes wide.

"What?"

"I don't have a date," He smiled weakly, "And I'm still a virgin, sweetheart."

***AN***

Hope you guys enjoyed! 

What are your thoughts on Pan? And Robbie?

Let me hear them!

~ChasingMadness24