E I G H T ✧

sorry for the wait x

BORED OUT OF MY MIND, I sat at the pools edge, scrolling through my Spotify playlist. 'Northern Downpour' by Panic! At The Disco came on and I leaned back on my hands.

I loved this song. I used to listen to it all the time, really. Back when I did listen to music all the time.
I let my feet dangle in the water, swirling the water around, allowing it to ripple among the rest of the water.
A tap on my shoulder threw my from my thoughts, as I spun my head around to see who it was.
"Hey." Heath towered over me, a smile gathering on his face. Standing up, I returned the smile, pulling my earphones out. "Hey. Whatcha doin'?" I asked, tucking my hair behind my ears. He held his hand out, and I took it, allowing him to pull me up off of the ground.

"Lets go do something." Was all he said, as he guided me out to his car. I laughed, frowning. "Like what?" I asked, stuffing my phone into my pocket as I got into the passenger seat. "I don't know. Go get lunch, talk, chill." He suggested, starting the truck up. I didn't reply, just sat back and let him do the driving.

"McDonalds!" I shouted, pointing at the big 'M'. I peered at Heath, who had a smirk on his face. I shuffled around excitedly and he pulled into the drive thru. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" I squeaked out, turning my body to look at the menu boards.

I sipped on my frozen coke, lowering myself to the ground.
We had decided to find a grassy spot, in the shade at a park to eat our food. I ripped open the bag, making it easier to access the food. I took my things and began to eat the fries.
We sat there for a few minutes, in silence. It was quiet and rather empty too, so we were enjoying the peace.
"So, how are you liking L.A?" Heath spoke up, looking at me from under the cap of his hat. I nodded, swallowing my fry. "Yeah, it's pretty nice." I shook my drink around to try and somehow melt the frozen coke... Heath and I talked for awhile, asking questions and or just blabbering on and on.
"I guess I haven't really bought anything or do anything since I've been here." I trailed off, looking at Heath who had an un-impressed look on his face. "What?" I asked, confusedly. He held back a laugh, sipping his coke. "Did we not just get maccas?" He asked sarcastically, raising a brow. I couldn't help but laugh, nudging him. "That doesn't count." He scoffed, laughing with me.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" I pleaded, trying to pull Heath into a clothing store. He groaned, stumbling through the doorway as I held onto his wrist. I looked around the shop, looking at any things I found cute or comfortable. I looked over at Heath who just stood there, sighing. I giggled, turning back around.
I ended up getting two shirts from there. One was a striped midriff, and the other was a grey shirt, that had a cat poking out of the pocket.
"Took you long enough." Heath complained. That's what he gets for taking me to the mall. "Hey, it was worth it. These tips are cute as." I told him, as he nodded, pretending to agree.

As I continued to drag him around, shop after shop, the day got more fun by the minute.
I was in stitches after watching him attempt to try on a dress; and it wouldn't even zip up at the back properly. I got out my phone and started videoing this. My constant giggles gave it away, as he turned around. His jaw dropped and he swung his arm at me. "Don't video me!" He pulled the curtain shut. I laughed silently, saving it. "I deleted it." "Thank you."

I waited by a rack of dresses, watching the video over and over.
"You said you deleted it!"
I spun around, ducking quickly as he tried to take my phone. I fast-walked away, trying not to cause a scene, hiding behind a table of shirts. I waited for him to jump out at me and snatch my phone... but nothing happened. I frowned, standing back up. Before I could take a step, an arm reached over my shoulder and took my phone from my not-tight-enough grip. I gasped, running after Heath, dodging clothing racks and display tables. Heath pushed his way through a rack of dresses, running to the other side of the store. I was sensible and walked around, trying to corner him. "Give it back!" I whisper yelled, lunging at him. He held it high above his head, leaving me to be a fool and continuously jumping up and down for it. "Grab it." He held it lower, and just as I went to grab it, he threw his arm back up in the air. "Heath!" I groaned, jumping around.
I jumped as high as I could, still missing. As I landed, I tumbled backwards, falling against a clothes rack. I yelped, falling down with the rack.
"Crap, crap." Heath hauled me up, dragging me out of the shop. "Wait! You two!"
Was all I heard as we ran through the mall, manoeuvring through the crowd.
We jumped into his truck and drove off.
Out of breath, we sat there and laughed for a few moments. "Moral, don't take my phone." He only laughed, taking us home.

"Where'd you two go?" Zane asked, stirring his coffee. "Out." Heath said, putting his keys on the bench. I smiled at Zane, putting down my shopping bags. "Baby, your late for coffee talk." Zane whined, pouting. "Baby we still got time." Heath told him, beginning to make a coffee for himself.

Thank you.
2:42 pm

I sent the message to Heath, taking my newly bought things to the rest of my belongings.

You're welcome.
2:45 pm

I just smiled, putting my phone into my pocket and going back outside to sit by the pool.