|Chapter 4|

The sun shines down on a familiar human and mertroll, the said mertroll staring down at the human with a curious gaze. "Is he...dead?" Cronus asks as Jake lands beside the Prince's body, lifting up his eyelid and checking.

"It's hard to say mate," Jake says and soon puts his ear against Kankri's bare foot, shaking his head, "Oh, I can't make out a heartbeat!" Cronus soon gasps and smiles, pointing at Kankri's mouth, "No, look! He's breathin'! He's...he's so beautiful..."

Cronus takes in a breath before beginning to sing, unknowing of how Kanuri is in fact only half-conscious, "Vwhat vwould I givwe to livwe vwhere you are? Vwhat would I pay to stay here beside you~?"

His tail flaps a bit in the water as he looks up at the sun, his smile widening, "Vwhat vwould I do to see you smilin' at me? Vwhere vwould vwe vwalk? Vwhere vwould vwe run? If vwe could stay all day in the sun? Just you and me...and I could be part of your world~!"

He stares down at Kanuri now and lays a hand on the Prince's cheek, a violet blush covering his cheeks as he sings a little softer. "Vwhat vwould I do to see you smilin' at me? Vwhere vwould vwe vwalk? Vwhere vwould vwe run? If vwe could stay all day in the sun~?"

The mertroll's smile falters a bit as he moves back into the water, continuing to sing as Karat and Tavros watch the scene from afar. "Just you and me...? And I could be...part of your world~!" He sings one last note before turning and diving down into the depths of the ocean, his blush still there as he swims away.

A dog barks from nearby and it appears to be Dirk running along with Porrim chasing after him, her eyes widening as she spots Kankri washed up on shore. The said Prince groans as he wakes and holds his head, which are currently replaying the sounds of Cronus' singing.

"Kankri! Oh Kankri, you really do delight in these sadistic strains on my blood pressure, don't you?" Porrim says as she goes over, helping Kankri up with a worried frown. The Prince groans as he rubs his head, managing to speak with a hoarse voice, "A boy...rescued me...he was...singing...? He had the most beautiful voice..."

"Ah, Kankri I believe you've swallowed too much seawater. Let's go, come on Dirk, you mangey old mutt" Porrim says as she begins to lead Kankri away, Karat shaking his head as he plops himself back into the water. 

Tavros is quick to join the crab as he scuttles along the coral, intending on catching up to Cronus. "We just have to fucking forget this whole ridiculous event ever happened. The sea King will never know. You won't tell him, I won't tell him, and I will stay in one damn piece" 

Cronus' singing echoes throughout the vast ocean they're in as he swims along, a dreamy smile on his face as he thinks only of Kankri. Unbeknownst to all 3 of them, two eels watch the mertroll from afar, the same octopus lady that had been spying on him previously now smiling maliciously.

"Oh no no no, I can't stand it, it's too easy~! The child is in love with a human. And not just any glubbin' human, a Prince! His daddy'll LOVE that. King Dualscar's headstrong, lovesick boy would make a charming addition to my little garden of seaweeds~" She cackles and her smile widens, her laugh unheard to anyone else in the Kingdom that Cronus had entered only a little while ago.

Eridan lets out an annoyed sigh as he knocks on the door to Cronus' room, annoyed that he's been in there for so long. "Cronus, time to come out. You'v-ve been in there all glubbin' mornin'!"

It isn't too long until Cronus comes out of the room, humming to himself with the same dreamy smile on his face he had on earlier that morning. Feferi is confused as she looks at her brother, raising an eyebrow as she asks, "What is with him lately?"