Playing With Chance - Chapter 15

Start from the beginning

Of course I don't think anyone could be scared of a person with muscles like his dropping them. The probability of that happening was pretty much zero.

Regardless I glared at him as he sat in one of the chairs, positioning me so I was sitting on his lap. 

The smell of french toast drifted up to my nose, and I started to lose my concentration.

It's hard to glare at somebody when there's food in front of me.

After a few seconds of him just giving me an amused look, I gave up, and turned to look at the plate mom put out for me.

I cut off a corner, and turned in my seat.

Instead of eating it myself, I started to fed Chance.

It was a good distraction from the fact that I was sitting on his lap while he only had boxers on.

"Not that I'm complaining or anything," he said after a few bites, "but you need to eat too."

"My mom always said guests should eat first," I answered shoving another bite in his mouth.

"That's not what you said last night," he said after swallowing.

"Shh! She might hear you. With the tacos I was fairly sure I wouldn't get any if I didn't eat first. I had a good excuse."

Our conversation stopped when my mom came in holding three t-shirts, and a couple pairs of pants.

"I'm not sure who's is who's, but they're all clean," she said holding one of the shirts and a pair of pants up, "Chance I think these are yours."

She looked at us for a second, and put the outfit on the counter, "I think it would be kind of hard to put it on now. I'll just leave it here until your done."

A blush started to work it's way up my face, and I looked down at the french toast.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of, sweetheart," my mom said, "I sat on your dad's lap all the time when he was half naked. It's completely natural." she seemed to pause for a moment before continuing, "Just make sure it doesn't lead to anything while you're in my kitchen."

"MOM!" I shouted feeling my face grow even warmer.

There was a slight shaking under me, and I turned to slap Chance softly, "It's not funny!  I have to live with her."

"I don't know what you're embarrassed about.  It's not like you've never thought about it.  Not with a guy that looks like that....." she mumbled almost low enough that we couldn't hear.

Unfortunately there was an almost in that sentence.

"Aren't you supposed to discourage stuff like that!" I screamed at her in horror.

"I am honey.  That's why I told you not to let it happen in my kitchen."

At this point Chance was out right laughing, but I was too embarrassed to try to get him to shut up.

Instead I opted for a graceful exit.

Getting off Chance's lap I started to walk toward the door, "I'm going to take a shower."

"That might not be the best idea at the moment.  I think Hero's in your shower, and either Brandy or Alexander is in the other one.  Not sure which...."

Well that ruined that plan.

I went back, and sat in my previous seat.

"In that case, Mom, you're banished from the kitchen until I'm done eating."