Chapter Thirteen. *Edited

Start from the beginning

I could agree with myself on that one. I did need some hardcore thinking time away from Seth. But would he leave? Doubtful but I could persuasive when needed.

“Hey Seth?” I asked a little loudly.

I didn’t realize he was standing beside me, hands in his pockets, looking at the garden with me. His head was tilted to the side like the first time I met him in his wolf form. It kind of made me want to pet him or something when he did that. It was just adorably cute.

“Yes, love?”

Oh yes this nickname. It was a new addition to his “pet name” trilogy. Babe, Baby and Love. The last one made my stomach do a weird flip floppy thing that made me a bit off kilter. I wasn’t sure if I loved it or disliked but the feeling and hopefully Seth’s voice saying the dastardly word were staying.

“I need you to go to town for me.” I improvised.

His eyebrows rose in surprise. “Why?”

“I need you to pick my delivery from Annie’s she usually brings them up but I’m not in the mood to explain my new gardening hobby.” I sighed, and then added. “Annie is a dirty little gossip.”

Seth looked down at the ground and nodded slowly. He was thinking really hard and I tried to shimmy my way into his head through our bond but gave up quickly. I was too tired to try that right now. I needed a shower and some quite time. Seth’s ever lurking figure was reassuring but also set me on edge. He needed to get out for a while to clear his own head, I was sure.

“I can do that for you, Love. Do you need anything else?”

I almost sighed out loud in relief instead I smiled and shook my head.

“Nope, I’m good. Just my weekly order of daisies. It brightens the house up a bit.”

Seth shot me a smirk. “I can help you fix it up if you’d like.”

“He cooks, he cleans, and he kisses like a champion.” I mused out loud before giving him an obvious once over. “I may just keep you.”

He gave me deep rumbling laugh. “Glad I can please you, Sylvie.”

“Always.” I grinned. “Now off with you. I have some self cleaning to do.”

“Shouldn’t that compel me to stay?”

I shot him a dark look. “Very cute. Now scram.”

“Yes ma'am.” He chuckled as I walked back towards the house.

The sound of Penny’s drivers side door shutting and her engine roaring to life signaled his exit and I sagged my shoulders. I liked having Seth with me more than anything else. I had been lonely and isolated way too long me own but inside I was still a hermit. The silence had been my companion so long I was kind of unsure how to handle being around another person so long.