The Sweeter the Kiss

||[♥]||

The Sweeter the Kiss

The first time she fell in love was when she was twenty, quite some years in the past. It was unexpected—at first, unwanted, when she had just entered the world of men.

It happened that morning, that fateful morning when she would officially become a defending member of Lord Maboroshi's personal guard. They had been friends for quite some time, even before the premature demise of Lady Mine, Maboroshi's mother.

Later that day, the inauguration ceremony would take place. Being a somewhat formal affair, Hayden was dressing herself in a male uniform that fit the occasion, and, having never worn a tie before, she was having much difficulty.

She stuck her head out of the dressing room and spotted Maboroshi chatting with a fellow guard.

"Oi! Lord Maboroshi, This one needs help over here!" she called to him.

He turned to her with a slight smile, an adoring smile. Maboroshi grabbed a black shirt on his way over to her.

"Maybe you should try this shirt," he said. "It meets the requirements and clings to the womanly curves in much more flattering way." Maboroshi raised his eyebrows suggestively.

Hayden rolled her eyes and snatched the shirt from his hands, but before she could close the door all the way, Maboroshi slipped inside. Hayden did not care much, it was as if he were to see her in a swimsuit.

Hayden unbuttoned the black shirt she was wearing to put on yet another. Maboroshi was right, this shirt fit her feminine sway much better, though, having a new shirt did not improve her skills with a tie.

"Nervous?" asked the superior.

"Is it obvious? This one feels as though This one's skin will waltz away at any moment," the underling said.

Maboroshi, gently, pushed Hayden's hands aside and replaced them with his own. He heard her mumbled thanks, and, as the task at hand required him to look, he noticed as her bosom rose, then fell with deep exhalation. That sight struck him funnily, a feeling he was unfamiliar with, so when he tightened the tie, he looked up at her face. Nerves were apparent in her countenance, still, he smiled at her warmly; it felt a little "off." He then looked beside Hayden and adorned her with the medals and awards she had previously received.

When the ensemble was complete, the Lordling took a step back to view the masterpiece."How does This one look?" Hayden asked suddenly.

Stunning, radiant, pleasing, godly?—these were but a few of the words that crossed Maboroshi's mind when that question came up. She was gorgeous! He continued to look at her until a charming, genuine smile came to his face.

"What are you using the 'swoon the ladies' face on This one for?" Hayden questioned.

"Well, foremost, let us not forget you are a lady—biologically—and every woman deserves to be looked at this way at least once in her lifetime." He paused. "That aside . . . I can't stop thinking how good that uniform looks on you," said Maboroshi charmingly. "You've worked very hard, Hayden. I cannot help but be proud of you. If I would not feel girlish compared to you, I could possibly cry."

Hayden rolled her eyes, again, though she did blush. She cocked her hand on her hip, striking a little pose, before she asked again, "So, how does This one look?"

"Beautiful," he said simply after a short pause.

Maboroshi pulled on Hayden's tie to make her come closer. When they were about a half inch apart, Maboroshi's smile disappeared. He closed the distance with a kiss, then another, and another.