Chapter 5

--Hey everyone! Thank you all for sticking with the story! I have had a really bad dose of writers block, so I found it difficult for a while to complete this chapter (which is why it's only short), but thank you for the support! I am fully back for business now! I haven't spell checked it because I'm just too tired and I wanted to get is posted for you all as soon as! I hope you guys like it! Vote, comment, message! I really could do with all the extra support I could get! I love you guys lots, thanks for being so patient!! xx

Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning feeling sick to my stomach. I knew I was going to have to face Nick, Ivy and Gabriel today but I really didn’t want to. I convinced myself not to be strong and stay upright whenever confronted with them. I rang Tom and asked him to pick me up since he wouldn’t let me drive home yesterday.  

I got changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a long, grey, v-neck jumper. I tugged a brush through my black hair and tried to add a bit of colour to my pale skin.

My mom forced a piece of toast down my throat before Tom arrived. I ran out and was about to jump in the front seat of his car, but someone was occupying my space. That someone being Nick Jordan. I felt like screaming and banging my head on the wall.

Tom took one look at my face and stepped outside of his car.

“What’s wrong munchkin?” Tom asked me.

I put my head in my hands and let out a sigh.

“Nothing, ignore me. I’m going to get my mum to drive me to school, I’ll meet you there.” I said.

I turned around to walk into the house when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

“Ebony, I’m not going to drop this, you look like death and I’m guessing you feel like it too. What’s wrong?” he asked me.

“Nothing’s wrong, I’ll be fine, I’ll follow you in my mum’s car.” I said.

I guess I didn’t sound that reassuring because Tom stopped me again.

“Don’t even say that nothing is wrong because I’ve known you long enough to know that you’re not okay.” Tom said.

I looked around me and my eyes caught Nick’s. I quickly shifted my gaze and looked back at Tom. I had to tell him. He was my best friend, I could trust him, couldn’t I? I could feel the tears raise in my eyes as I looked at him.

“Please tell me.” He whispered.

“I don’t know what to do.” I whimpered.

“Ebs, is this about what the school nurse was talking to you about? Is there something I should know about?” Tom asked me.

“No! No… I think I’m going insane… I… I…” I started.

“You what? Ebs, you’re worrying me…” Tom said, he put his hands on my shoulder and looked deep into my eyes.

“I…” I started, but Tom’s car door opened and Nick stepped out.

“Is everything okay?” Nick asked.

I pushed Tom’s arms away and turned my back on Nick, I didn’t want him to see me like this. I swiped at a stray tear that escaped my eyes and composed myself.

“Yeah, we’re fine, we’ll leave in a minute.” Tom said to Nick.

The car door shut again and I turned around, heading towards the car. Tom grabbed my wrist and pulled me back again.

“Ebs…” he started.

“I’m fine, really. We’re going to be late for school.” I said.