Chapter 13

Alex's POV

The last person I wanted to see is sitting here with my mother sipping tea and acting like everything in the world is just fine. This is not fine. Nothing is fine.

"Alex honey, Jake drove all the way here just because he misses you! How sweet!" My mom stated.

Sweet? He is definitely not sweet. If you only knew, mom.

"Hello Alex. I've been waiting on you for bit." Jake said. I hate how he always acts so proper and sweet around my mother.

"Mom, can I have a minute alone with Jake? Please?" I asked.

"Sure Hun. Keep it classy." She said laughing.

"Jake what are you doing here? I asked to leave earlier. I told you I wanted nothing to do with you anymore and still you have yet to get the message."

"I did leave, trust me. But, then I remembered something. Something that will change everything, I promise you that." I really did not like the tone of his voice.

"What could you possibly have that could make me change my mind about you?" I asked laughing.

"Your dad's phone number."

"Why would you need that?" I asked, my heart rate increasing by the second.

"I knew I would need it eventually. Here's what's going to happen. You're going to forgive me. We're going to get back together. Everything is going to be okay." He started. "Also, if I see you with that tattooed guy again, I will call your dad, and I will tell him where you are. Him and his friend have been looking for you. They want more." He smirked.

"Why would you do this to me?" I was crying now. I can not believe this.

"Because I know it's the only way you will stay with me." He laughed. "Oh and if you tell anyone about this, even your mom, I will call him. Everything will go back to the way it was. Got it?" I nodded slowly.

"Tell your mom I had to go. Remember what I said. No Harry." With that, he walked out the door.

I couldn't believe what he was doing to me. My worst nightmare is my father finding me and the fact that it could be just one phone call away scares the hell out of me. I went up to my room and fell right asleep. I didn't need this.

----

When I woke up to my alarm, I realized that it was Monday and I had school. Great. That's one of the main places I didn't want to go. Harry's there.

I got ready slowly, not really caring about my appearance. My hair was in a messy bun and I was wearing yoga pants and a large t-shirt. I slid my vans on and grabbed my keys before heading out the door. I wasn't in the mood to shower or eat. Not after the weekend I've had.

I pulled up to the school and parked on the opposite side of the parking lot then I usually do, specifically to avoid Harry.

I walked to my locker and saw Emma and Carly waiting on me. Here come the questions.

"How was your trip with Harry?" Emma immediately asked.

"Fine. Just drove there and back. No big deal." I shrugged. I may have lied a little but who the fuck cares. Not me.

"You're lucky no one found out." Carly stated. "You would be the news of the school."

"Yeah well no one did. Just like I said." I shrugged.

"I've got to go to the cafeteria. I'll catch you later?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, first block."

"Okay, bye!" She said walking off with Carly.

After digging through my locker for a few minutes searching for the books I needed, I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

"Goodmorning love. You look...stunning." He joked. I ignored him. I had no choice.

"Alex? Are you okay?" Still no answer. It made me feel bad but I had to do it.

"Alex did I do something wrong?"

"Harry I can't talk to you. I'm sorry."

"Why not? We hung out all weekend and now that we're back at school you can't talk to me?"

"It's not that." I insisted. "I just can't talk to you." With that being said, I walked away. My heart ached. I wish I could explain why but I can't.

Harry's POV

As I walked to first block, I couldn't help but think about how weird Alex was acting. She was acting so paranoid. Does she not want to be judged for being seen with me?

I guess I will have to find out in Mr. Marks class. I do sit next to her.

I sat in my seat and waited for Alex's arrival. When she finally entered, she mumbled something to Mr. Marks before he pointed to a seat in the middle and Alex sat down. Why would she change seats?

About halfway through the lecture, there was a knock on the door. Mr Marks went into the hall for a few minutes before coming back in. Followed by him was Jake. What the fuck is that prick doing here?

"Students, this is Jake Fresco. He will be joining us for the rest of the semester." Mr Marks stated. Fucking shit.

I looked around the room for any open seats and of course the only one was the new one next to me that was abandoned by Alex. The look on her face when he walked in made me worried.

"Hey jackass." Jake said sitting next to me.

"Do not fucking speak to me."

"Someone's in a bad mood."

"It's going to be ten times worse if you dot shut the fuck up right now." I said.

"Sheesh." He replied, laughing. "Gosh, isn't my girlfriend absolutely beautiful?" He asked, nodding his head towards Alex.

"Girlfriend?"

"Yeah, we're back together. It didn't take much really. Two dozen roses, a box of chocolate and some knee pleading." He laughed.

After the bell rang, I went straight to Alex's locker. I was relieved to see her standing there alone.

"What the fuck Alex, you're back with that prick?" I yelled.

"Harry please don't yell."

"Answer the damn question!"

"Yes, I am. I decided to forgive him. We're happy again." She stated.

"You don't look very happy. What does he have against you Alex?"

"Nothing." She said looking behind me. Her eyes went wide. "I have to go now." She said shutting her locker. I looked behind me and there was Jake. He didn't look very happy.

~~~~~~

Double update yay! I love you all so much and I just want to give every single one of you a dollar and a hug. Unfortunately, I don't have that many dollars.

Please remember to vote and comment! It only takes two seconds! I love you all! x