Chapter 34: Final Chapter

Start from the beginning

"See! He acknowledges what I do," mom said.
"Really, mom I taste your food everyday," I said.
"You? You are always like what's this, what's that, you never taste," mom threw me under the bus.
"Wow," I exhaled.
"That's very rude of you, you should appreciate what she does," Alex turned to me.
"Whatever," I smiled. I think they are getting along, unbelievable!

"Yeah? Okay! Thank you very much," Alex said to the other end of the phone call.
"Sorry about that, can everyone please step outside," he stood up.
"What's going on?" I managed to ask the question everyone was bugging.
"Come on," he led us to the front door.
"Tada!" He exclaimed.
There was this white Mercedes AMG parked outside with a huge red bow.
"Alex," that was the only word I could utter and I wish I could've said more but I was confused.

"Congratulations on Graduating and being accepted to Harvard," he held both of my hands and then slipped something in them.
I looked down on my hand my eyes were full of tears and I was holding a key.
My world stood still as everyone jumped up and down and went crazy. Finally letting go of the tears, I stood there looking at the key.
"Baby,are you okay?" Alex asked.
"I can't take this," I stuttered and stormed inside.

Who the hell does he think he is, buying me an expensive car! I cannot be bought!
I locked myself in my room. I can't take that car, why did he buy me a car? The thing that hurts me the most is that I had a present for him, it was a 'for him' version of the 'Alesha' bracelet. It's just stupid compared to what he has bought me.
"McCarthy?" A low voice called.
I kept quiet.
"Baby please talk to me," he pleaded.

"I can't take the car," I said.
"Please open the door and let's talk," he begged.
I didn't say anything as I started to sob.
"McCarthy open up this instance," there was demand in his voice.
I slowly twisted the knob and opened up.
"Why are you crying?" He came up to me.
"I can't take your car," I cried.
"Come here," he embraced me. He held me so tight for a moment I could breath.

"It's just a gift," he brushed my hair.
"That's the point! Can't you buy me something not out of your budget?" I pulled away.
"So this is about money?" He asked.
"Yes! I can't buy you things because You'll top them and they would be a million times better," I said.
"Come sit down," he said.
"I don't want to sit down," I exhaled.
"The thing about gifts is that they must come from the heart, I bought you a brand new car because firstly I can afford one and that I want you to have it.

"I can't do it," I said.
"Okay, did you get something for me?" He asked.
"Here, you can throw it out in the garbage on your way out if you like," I said.
"Okay, your attitude is starting to bore me, wipe those tears and go test your new car," he said.
"Open it," I said.
"Oh McCarthy, this is beautiful," he lit up.
"Really?" I asked as I put it on him.
"Heck yeah!" He kissed my forehead.

"Then I'm happy," I smiled.
"There's that smile," Alex said, gesturing to me.
"I'm glad you like it," I said.
"Do you want to make me happy too?" He asked.
"I guess," I shrugged.
"Go get your car!" He didn't have to repeat himself as I ran down the stairs.
"There she is," mom came up to me.
"Are you okay hun?" She asked.
"Yeah I'm okay now," I smiled.

"Can I get inside?" I asked Alex.
"Are you kidding me?" He laughed.
I got inside and the car was too much I'm telling you, it was perfect.
"Do you like it?" He asked as he got in the passengers side.
"I love it!" I exclaimed.
"McCarthy I love you," he said.
"Oh Alex," I exhaled. He finally said it, dang! I thought I was going to say the four letter word first.
"I love you too," I leaned towards him for a kiss.

"Get a room!" Q got in and interrupted our kiss.
"Let's take it for a ride shall we?" I asked.
"Let her rip!" Alex exclaimed.
"You better buckle up then," I started the engine and it roared.
"You guys dating really made me rich and I think I can afford one of these cars," Q bragged.
"What do you mean?" I asked confused.
"Bets! I won a lot of bets, people thought you'll never date but they were wrong," she smiled.