Chapter 17

*Tasha's outfit*

I only slept for not more than five hours and the alarm rang.I took a huge breath and yawned all the way to the bathroom.

I was the last to shower which means the water was freak'n cold!
I looked out the window to check the weather,it was cool and humid and so I decided to wear a skirt,I don't remember the last time I wore a dress or a skirt at school.

I was imagining the look on Alex's face when he sees me. I twirled in front of the mirror and was pleased.
Yesterday was great, yesterday was fantastic, yesterday was...yesterday and today is another day.

Who knows maybe he'll get over me and will no longer want to hang out with me.
People change,people toss and turn and might wake up at another side of the bed .But Alex isn't just a person he's Alex. 'Maybe this isn't a good idea' I fiddled with the skirt.

"Tasha,we're leaving in five!" Taylor exclaimed.
"Coming!" I replied in panic.
Part of me wanted to take off the skirt so bad and part of me just wanted to do hair and make-up and get to school already.

I chose to go on with the skirt because time was against me.
I quickly gathered my books, grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

"Wow you look amazing!" Hayden grasped.
"Good morning to you too Hayden," I smiled.
"Who are you and where's my sister?!" Megan gestured a twirl.
"I'm right here silly," I twirled.
"As much as I don't want to tear my eyes away from her but I'm afraid we're going to be late," Taylor exhaled.

"Guys come on,I'm not that appealing.Let's just go," I grabbed an apple and headed outside.
"Look at those hills,never knew she had them," Crystal pretended to drool.
"That's it! I'm going to change," I exhaled.
"Please don't!" They all screamed at the same time.

"You guys should see your faces," I got in the car and tied my seatbelt.
"I know mine ain't smoking hot like yours," Sam smirked.
Causing everyone to erupt with laughter.
"This is the last time you guys see me wearing a skirt on weekdays!" I exhaled.
They really really think I'm that pretty? Aaaaw they're annoyingly sweet.

Rides to school have changed since mom left,not that much but the fact that I get to talk to the driver! We now all share a conversation with each other rather than having many,boring,peer-to-peer conversations.
What's fun about our little talk is that we all get to give our opinions and laugh.

Yesterday we talked about which awards would we give each other.I ended up getting the Most Smart Award,then you have to give a one minute speech.The rule was that one award per person.It was Taylor's idea, she said we would get to know what we truly think about each other and she was right.

Since we always start by dropping off Justin,he was the the first to get an award then we were to follow with the person who was after Justin.
We agreed that Justin was the most cute,Megan got the Best Dress Award,Hayden got the Best Vocals Award,Sam got the Most Energetic Award and Crystal got the Best Hair Award.

We had a hard time obeying the rule and Taylor kept reminding us it.My highlight was when Sam kept insisting that Megan should get an award for best actress since she got to play Juliet in the school play,Megan obviously didn't want the award and it was hilarious seeing Megan trying to trash talk.

Talking together as a family really helps us as a head start.
We would definitely think back to these days when mom gets back.

"So guys," Taylor exhaled getting our attention.
"Today's topic is,drumroll please," Taylor said as we crossed our fingers hoping it was something interesting.
"Tasha!" She exclaimed earning a wide eyed face from me.
"As your big sister,big wonderful older sister,I wanna know what you guys think of her dating,how would you feel,what would you say? And to make it clear so that we'll be all in the same page,I'm not saying she is dating or that she's thinking about dating but I'm just wondering," she turned down the volume of the radio.